Help on arrival homeless

Old Feb 12th 2017, 3:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help on arrival homeless

Originally Posted by BritInParis
HMG can't assist if the OP is an Iranian citizen.
That's what I thought.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 3:47 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
They can't offer consular assistance to those who are citizens of the country in question. I'm not sure what other assistance you are expecting them to provide?
I wasn't so much expecting anything as thinking that if I were in the desperate situation the OP describes, I would probably be trying anything at all for some sort of help, guidance or support.

Apparently, and rather disappointingly, that avenue would be futile.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 3:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I wasn't so much expecting anything as thinking that if I were in the desperate situation the OP describes, I would probably be trying anything at all for some sort of help, guidance or support.

Apparently, and rather disappointingly, that avenue would be futile.
Why...the OP is in his home country? Being Iranian he must have been well aware what would happen to him if he flaunted their strict Islamic laws. He is still in Iran...yet he has a pic of himself sitting at a table showing cans and bottles and drinking alcohol. Even if the pic isn't the OP...isn't that more or less sticking two fingers up at the laws of the country he is residing in, has been imprisoned in and is a citizen of?

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 12th 2017 at 3:56 pm.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 3:57 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Why...the OP is in his home country? Being Iranian he must have been well aware what would happen to him if he flaunted their strict Islamic laws.

I expect he was, and I wasn't suggesting that the British embassy could have stopped it. I had hoped that as a British citizen, and a now destitute victim of torture after serving the sentence imposed by one of his countries, that the embassy of his other country might prove something of a resource. Apparently that is not the case.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 4:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I expect he was, and I wasn't suggesting that the British embassy could have stopped it. I had hoped that as a British citizen, and a now destitute victim of torture after serving the sentence imposed by one of his countries, that the embassy of his other country might prove something of a resource. Apparently that is not the case.
If he was imprisoned by mistake...then yes...but from what he's posted he wasn't.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 4:23 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

I prefer to treat all posters as truthful, not trolling, unless there is strong evidence otherwise, but it is surprising that the OP shows himself drinking alcohol on his profile. It is also surprising that his main concern is whether he will be given a council flat on his return. Personally, in his position, my main concern would be a) getting out of Iran safely and b) convincing the UK authorities that I hadn't been fighting for ISIS.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 4:51 pm

If he was imprisoned by mistake...then yes...but from what he's posted he wasn't.
I suppose I think that after one has "paid one's debt to society" he gets to start again with all the rights pertaining thereto. This is now post-sentence so all he is now is a destitute and possibly traumatized dual British citizen.

Nor do I think that torture should ever be acceptable whether you knew it was likely to happen or not, so still more would consular assistance of some kind be appropriate post-sentence.

Still, it's moot because HMG doesn't agree.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by Editha
I prefer to treat all posters as truthful, not trolling, unless there is strong evidence otherwise, but it is surprising that the OP shows himself drinking alcohol on his profile. It is also surprising that his main concern is whether he will be given a council flat on his return. Personally, in his position, my main concern would be a) getting out of Iran safely and b) convincing the UK authorities that I hadn't been fighting for ISIS.
And if it's a scam, no harm done because it's just the internet. Advice is free, after all.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 5:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

And if it's a scam, no harm done because it's just the internet. Advice is free, after all.
Don't know about no harm done. As the OP is in Iran...with what he has posted including the pic...I'd be a little worried...

Perhaps I'm being paranoid.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 6:04 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think any further advice is needed - if the OP genuinely needs assistance they've been given plenty of contacts and they obviously have access to an internet connection
Old Feb 12th 2017, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Saman20177 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by not2old
First of all, welcome to the BE forum.

Adding to what others have posted

Where did you get the money for a flight back to the UK?

On the basis that you have your British passport, that you will be allowed entry to the UK, once you get through passport control, that on that basis with zero money, that you don't have anyone in the UK that you can stay with - you will be in a very difficult position

Will you have any money with you or not, will there be anyone meeting you, or will you have anywhere to go when you arrive, will you have your mobile phone & and/computer with you?

On your arrival, try this

Social care | Heathrow Travel Care | Heathrow

page 5 in the brochure below

http://www.heathrow.com/file_source/...e-brochure.pdf

I got the money from family i have here for the flight.no i dont have no family over there and yes il have my phone.thats the problame i had i dont have anywhere to go and thats whats scaring me as i just wanna come bak and get bak on my feet
Old Feb 12th 2017, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

I'm sorry to hear about your predicament. What I don't understand...you have been in prison for drinking alcohol...yet the pic on your profile page clearly shows cans and glasses of alcohol on a table. I presume that is you in the pic holding a glass of beer. As you are still inside the country that imprisoned you...isn't that asking for further trouble?
They cant do nothing for pictures and it wasent only for the alcoholi drinks i was with my girlfriend in her house when i get arrested and she was married which i dint even know and she didn't tell me.and that is against law beeing with a women in first place neva mind if she is married i mean they could have done worse but i paid all i had as i was doing business over here importing cars from dubai to iran and now from what happend to me im left with nothing. And i just want to come bak and get bak on my feet and work
Old Feb 12th 2017, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by not2old
On the basis the OP (or anyone) that arrives in the UK (landing at Heathrow/Gatwick/Manchester), with zero money, no one to meet them, without a mobile phone.... what would you do?

OP, on the basis that you have no family in the UK, have you a network of social media friends in the UK that could offer you short term assistance?

On arrival in a destitute situation see the contact information in my post #19 as a starting point

Others have suggested the YMCA & citizens advice folks, but you'll need to get from the airport to some destination or town to get to a youth hostel, which I believe is not 'totally free', then your life back in the UK begins

Nightshelters and emergency hostels - Shelter England

WHAT WE DO?

https://www.salvationarmy.org.uk/rou...t-homelessness

As someone that arrives totally destitute....

According to a web search, folks live or can hang around inside Heathrow for a short time (homeless airport dwellers, for extended stays), but one still needs some money for tea, coffee & snacks, either from hand-outs or trash diving (food that is left on seats or thrown in the trash can).

Homeless Veterans: The hidden homeless who live at Heathrow Airport | London Evening Standard

24 - 36 hours to get things sorted, where should I go, what should I do, I must get to a welfare agency or homeless shelter, I will need access to a phone or internet. I shall then start my life back in the UK with getting to 'citizens advice' folks, hopefully a job, accommodation.

OP, how homeless or destitute will you be arriving back in the UK?

I dont have any places to go i have friends but they cant really do anything for me i just dont know what to do and im so scared and terrified i dont know what to do when i get to the air port
Old Feb 12th 2017, 8:10 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saman20177
I got the money from family i have here for the flight.no i dont have no family over there and yes il have my phone.thats the problame i had i dont have anywhere to go and thats whats scaring me as i just wanna come bak and get bak on my feet
if your family, friends, associates are in Iran, why not stay a while longer, work some, save some extra cash, do the google search for places to live 'room to rent' in a place or the town that you left 3 years ago?

Or, go straight back to the UK soon, then (as suggested) over to the Heathrow welfare centre for help, maybe a homeless shelter (day to day living), register with the job centre, take any job, or right down to the Iranian centre mentioned by another poster?

Will you be taking money back with you to the UK to cover a certain period or will you be penniless?

Will your family continue to support you financially?

Or is your original OP just about not having a 'place to go to' or 'accommodations' arranged?
Old Feb 12th 2017, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Davita
I'd think any UK news media (press and TV) would have an interest in your story and, although I doubt they will give cash, they may facilitate to help you get back on your feet.

Who knows...once your story is told even President Trump may have an interest in your knowledge of what goes on in Iran....you may have useful information that has value.
Sir thats not the case im not trying to sell story!im just here to get help so i can get my life bak toghther

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.