Help on arrival homeless

Old Feb 12th 2017, 11:48 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help on arrival homeless

Adding to the good advice you've had already I would approach the Citizens Advice Bureau for free legal advice on your return. The Habitual Residence Test (three month wait) for benefits may not apply to you if you have deported, expelled or removed from Iran.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 12:09 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saman20177
Im trying to find out how i can get help im coming back to England without money and im going to be homeless

i was in prison now for 2years here they also Torched me in prison...Now il i have is my passport the money i had to pay for lawyers to get me out now im coming back to uk as i want to get my life togheter but i dont have no family to help me over there and i dont even know where to get help because i been beaten up so much that i almost forget everything im nedd of help soon as i get there

First of all, welcome to the BE forum.

Adding to what others have posted

Where did you get the money for a flight back to the UK?

On the basis that you have your British passport, that you will be allowed entry to the UK, once you get through passport control, that on that basis with zero money, that you don't have anyone in the UK that you can stay with - you will be in a very difficult position

Will you have any money with you or not, will there be anyone meeting you, or will you have anywhere to go when you arrive, will you have your mobile phone & and/computer with you?

On your arrival, try this

Social care | Heathrow Travel Care | Heathrow

page 5 in the brochure below

http://www.heathrow.com/file_source/...e-brochure.pdf

Last edited by not2old; Feb 12th 2017 at 12:36 pm. Reason: added to the post
Old Feb 12th 2017, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute

I'd think any UK news media (press and TV) would have an interest in your story and, although I doubt they will give cash, they may facilitate to help you get back on your feet.

Who knows...once your story is told even President Trump may have an interest in your knowledge of what goes on in Iran....you may have useful information that has value.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 12:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

So someone like in this sitution there will be no help what so ever?so im supposed to live in streets so what do i do now to get help?
The citizen's advice bureau good place to start, there are a variety of sources for help in being homeless but often you have to search to find them. As far as local council from what I understand you have better chances if you go to council near where you lived before. For work try the temporary agencies, not the best jobs but something- and I think helps you pass the Habitual Residence Test if you are or have been working recently.

If you are Muslim why not go to the local Mosque ? You have nothing to lose.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 1:17 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

On the basis the OP (or anyone) that arrives in the UK (landing at Heathrow/Gatwick/Manchester), with zero money, no one to meet them, without a mobile phone.... what would you do?

OP, on the basis that you have no family in the UK, have you a network of social media friends in the UK that could offer you short term assistance?

On arrival in a destitute situation see the contact information in my post #19 as a starting point

Others have suggested the YMCA & citizens advice folks, but you'll need to get from the airport to some destination or town to get to a youth hostel, which I believe is not 'totally free', then your life back in the UK begins

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_ad...omeless_people

http://www.nosecondnightout.org.uk/a...no/what-we-do/

https://www.salvationarmy.org.uk/rou...t-homelessness

As someone that arrives totally destitute....

According to a web search, folks live or can hang around inside Heathrow for a short time (homeless airport dwellers, for extended stays), but one still needs some money for tea, coffee & snacks, either from hand-outs or trash diving (food that is left on seats or thrown in the trash can).

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/veter...-10022906.html

24 - 36 hours to get things sorted, where should I go, what should I do, I must get to a welfare agency or homeless shelter, I will need access to a phone or internet. I shall then start my life back in the UK with getting to 'citizens advice' folks, hopefully a job, accommodation.

OP, how homeless or destitute will you be arriving back in the UK?

Last edited by not2old; Feb 12th 2017 at 2:24 pm. Reason: added to the thread
Old Feb 12th 2017, 1:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Im trying to find out how i can get help im coming back to engeland with out no money and im going to be homless due to a terrible change in my life i was living in middle east as my sitution is kind of hard to explain.. i was not in uk for the past 3years i dont have no family in uk.and im going to be homless as i get there how can i get help on my arrival i just wanna come bak and get my life back to together plz no racist coments or anything like that just guys tell me how i i can get help plz
I'm sorry to hear about your predicament. What I don't understand...you have been in prison for drinking alcohol...yet the pic on your profile page clearly shows cans and glasses of alcohol on a table. I presume that is you in the pic holding a glass of beer. As you are still inside the country that imprisoned you...isn't that asking for further trouble?
Old Feb 12th 2017, 2:35 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I'm sorry to hear about your predicament. What I don't understand...you have been in prison for drinking alcohol...yet the pic on your profile page clearly shows cans and glasses of alcohol on a table. ....
Do you think the bottle of Jack would be a problem?
Old Feb 12th 2017, 2:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Do you think the bottle of Jack would be a problem?
Do you?
Old Feb 12th 2017, 2:42 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Do you?
I might if I worked for the Iranian government.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 2:44 pm
Dichotomus tinker

BE members have been doing most the dialogue, little response from the OP, so I'm going to wait till he gets back on the thread before commenting further.

Imagine if any one of us arrived in the UK with only the clothes on our backs, no money other than some pocket change, no cell/mobile phone, no computer, no contacts, no family or friends.... what would you do as you exit airport arrivals gate... what next?
Old Feb 12th 2017, 2:46 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

So that iranian Association can halo me?
From the Iranian Association website:

The Iranian Association has been providing the advisory service for 30 years; the centre offers advice/information on welfare, housing, immigration and mental/physical health. The association also supports the clients in form filling and makes referral to other agencies such as solicitors, law centres and social services.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 3:11 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Under the circumstances, if the OP is a British citizen and still in Iran, then I would suggest:

https://www.gov.uk/government/world/...k-for-iranians

If now in another country but not the UK, then the British embassy or consulate of that country.

If someone is a British citizen and a destitute victim of torture, then I would hope that the UK is still the kind of country that would help.

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Feb 12th 2017 at 3:21 pm.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 3:14 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Under the circumstances, if the OP is a British citizen and still in Iran, then I would suggest:

https://www.gov.uk/government/world/...k-for-iranians

If now in another country but not the UK, then the embassy or consulate of that country.

If someone is a British citizen and a destitute victim of torture, then I would hope that the UK is still the kind of country that would help.
HMG can't assist if the OP is an Iranian citizen.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 3:24 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
HMG can't assist if the OP is an Iranian citizen.
They can't assist dual citizens? I knew that meant they couldn't protect them from the actions of the other country, but I did think that they could help them on other matters. Apparently I was wrong.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
They can't assist dual citizens? I knew that meant they couldn't protect them from the actions of the other country, but I did think that they could help them on other matters. Apparently I was wrong.
They can't offer consular assistance to those who are citizens of the country in question. I'm not sure what other assistance you are expecting them to provide?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.