Help on arrival homeless

Old Feb 12th 2017, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

Saman20177 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help on arrival homeless

Im trying to find out how i can get help im coming back to engeland with out no money and im going to be homless due to a terrible change in my life i was living in middle east as my sitution is kind of hard to explain.. i was not in uk for the past 3years i dont have no family in uk.and im going to be homless as i get there how can i get help on my arrival i just wanna come bak and get my life back to together plz no racist coments or anything like that just guys tell me how i i can get help plz
Old Feb 12th 2017, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help on arrival homeless

First question: Are you a UK citizen?
If so, then getting back into UK is easiest of your problems. you will not get any benefits for the first 3 months after returning.
So far as being homeless i'm afraid no council will help as you are single and all I can suggest is to contact someone like the Salvation Army when you arrive. They may be able to help with a bed for a few nights whilst you try and get a job.
With a few more details of your circumstances, someone may be able to offer better advice.
Sorry not to be of much help.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 2:02 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quiltman
First question: Are you a UK citizen?
If so, then getting back into UK is easiest of your problems. you will not get any benefits for the first 3 months after returning.
So far as being homeless i'm afraid no council will help as you are single and all I can suggest is to contact someone like the Salvation Army when you arrive. They may be able to help with a bed for a few nights whilst you try and get a job.
With a few more details of your circumstances, someone may be able to offer better advice.
Sorry not to be of much help.
Yup, pretty much spot on.

Do you have family or friends you can couch-surf with on a rotating basis, and that you can use for a postal address? You'll at least be able to register with a doctor to help with, but you'll have to take (and will very likely fail) the Habitual Residency Test for things such as benefits, council housing, and if you need to be admitted to hospital as an in-patient. At least for the first few months.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 3:34 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quiltman
First question: Are you a UK citizen? ....
Personally, I think the first question to ask is "Which country(ies) in the Middle East have you been living in?" because depending on the answer you could be stripped of British citizenship if you previously held it, and as such there is a risk of you not being allowed into the UK or at very least arrest and detention on your arrival.

Assuming that you are a British citizen and don't have any problematic Middle East associations in your personal history, then your focus needs to be on finding work ASAP. Apparently you have access to the internet, so start some searches on jobs you could do and where to find them, and then work on applications and how to get to interviews.

Last edited by Pulaski; Feb 12th 2017 at 3:40 am.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Debidoos is an unknown quantity at this point

How old are you? If you are a young person contact the YMCA as they help the homeless also there is free health care for the homeless. Look for charities that give free food for the homeless- once you can find work I'm sure you will get back on your feet.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 7:43 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
..... your focus needs to be on finding work ASAP. Apparently you have access to the internet, so start some searches .....
I absolutely agree with this. I was in London for a few days recently, and many, many pubs, shops, cafes etc are looking for help.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 9:00 am
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

It will be easier to advise you if you give some information about yourself. Age, gender, any children, nationality, reason for returning.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Editha
It will be easier to advise you if you give some information about yourself. Age, gender, any children, nationality, reason for returning.
Im 26 male single iranian im a british citizen i was living in uk since i was 7years old.3years a go as i was on holiday in iran i get arrested for drinking and as iran is islamic country if you get arrested with Alcoholic Drinks and a women in house you will be sent to prison.i was in prison now for 2years here they also Torched me in prison...Now il i have is my passport the money i had.i had to pay for lawyers to get me out now im coming back to uk as i want to get my life togheter but i dont have no family to help me over there and i dont even know where to get help because i been beaten up so much that i almost forget everything im nedd of help soon as i get there
Old Feb 12th 2017, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Debidoos
How old are you? If you are a young person contact the YMCA as they help the homeless also there is free health care for the homeless. Look for charities that give free food for the homeless- once you can find work I'm sure you will get back on your feet.
Il i need is some where i can stay so i can get my life back sorted will the coucil give me a place to stay
Old Feb 12th 2017, 11:06 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saman20177
.... will the coucil give me a place to stay
No. Sorry.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pulaski
No. Sorry.
So someone like in this sitution there will be no help what so ever?so im supposed to live in streets so what do i do now to get help?
Old Feb 12th 2017, 11:14 am
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Im 26 male single iranian im a british citizen i was living in uk since i was 7years old.3years a go as i was on holiday in iran i get arrested for drinking and as iran is islamic country if you get arrested with Alcoholic Drinks and a women in house you will be sent to prison.i was in prison now for 2years here they also Torched me in prison...Now il i have is my passport the money i had.i had to pay for lawyers to get me out now im coming back to uk as i want to get my life togheter but i dont have no family to help me over there and i dont even know where to get help because i been beaten up so much that i almost forget everything im nedd of help soon as i get there
OK.

If you lived in the UK from the age of 7 to 22, then there must be some people you know. Don't be shy about approaching them for help.

You could also seek help from the Iranian community in Britain. There is the Iranian Association which might be able to assist. Also, I don't know whether you were a practising moslem in the UK, but how about contacting your local mosque?

You should not experience any difficulty getting NHS treatment. If you were tortured in prison, tell your GP that and seek counselling. But you may have to wait several months for other help from the state, so you must use other agencies.

Pulaski is right, that immigration may have some questions for you, coming back from Iran. If possible, provide some evidence that you were in prison for the two years.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 11:14 am

So someone like in this sitution there will be no help what so ever?so im supposed to live in streets so what do i do now to get help?
Read the posts above, there are several suggestions of organizations that may have the resources to help you, and as I said, prioritize getting a job, anything, within a few days.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

OK.

If you lived in the UK from the age of 7 to 22, then there must be some people you know. Don't be shy about approaching them for help.

You could also seek help from the Iranian community in Britain. There is the Iranian Association which might be able to assist. Also, I don't know whether you were a practising moslem in the UK, but how about contacting your local mosque?

You should not experience any difficulty getting NHS treatment. If you were tortured in prison, tell your GP that and seek counselling. But you may have to wait several months for other help from the state, so you must use other agencies.

Pulaski is right, that immigration may have some questions for you, coming back from Iran. If possible, provide some evidence that you were in prison for the two years.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

OK.

So that iranian Association can halo me?

No i dint practise so mosque is out of option..and yes i have friends the only help they can give is go to the coucil...i dont have any family in uk i did before..but now i just dont have a clue what to do next as im willing to do any job to get thing in place but how do i do that if im coming and im going to be homless with no money

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.