Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Heart attack dog shipping costs!

Heart attack dog shipping costs!

Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:52 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default Heart attack dog shipping costs!

I have just been quoted $5000 for taking my dog from Melbourne to Glasgow!!!! Surely this is someone's idea of a joke? This quote is through jetpets. Our dog is not large, but being a staffie he weighs 18kg. Could this be the reason?

I have requested a quote from Dogtainers. Does anyone have any suggestions of other companies where I might get a more reasonable quote?

I already have a crate for him, (he came from the UK 4 years ago) but have been told I can't use it any more as standards have changed. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I just think the quote is a little rediculous and want to check everything before I spend that much money.

Mel
Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:55 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Heart attack dog shipping costs!

Originally Posted by mika24me
I have just been quoted $5000 for taking my dog from Melbourne to Glasgow!!!! Surely this is someone's idea of a joke? This quote is through jetpets. Our dog is not large, but being a staffie he weighs 18kg. Could this be the reason?

Mel
can't you put him on the "Palm Beach Diet"?? It certainly had drastic results for Nicole Ritchie!!!!

Sorry not much help am I ???????

I have heard you can organise it all yourself through DEFRA. Maybe that's an option for you?
Old Aug 6th 2007, 10:14 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

We got a quote from jetpets which turned out to be the most expensive.
We have a little dog weighing 8.5kg and she was quoted Sydney to London $2300 by

www.animaltransport.com.au

Not sure if they operate in Melbourne but worth a call.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 11:54 am
lhc
Just Joined

lhc has a brilliant futurelhc has a brilliant futurelhc has a brilliant futurelhc has a brilliant futurelhc has a brilliant futurelhc has a brilliant future

We got a quote from Jetpets, it was Melbourne to Manchester.
I also got a quote from All Creatures (1800 44 11 33) it was Melbourne to Manchester and with a new crate because we never thought to keep our old one (very stupid of us). The quote was $4131 which was about $500 cheaper than Jetpets.
Hope this helps.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

The Walker is an unknown quantity at this point

I have requested a quote from Dogtainers. Does anyone have any suggestions of other companies where I might get a more reasonable quote?

I already have a crate for him, (he came from the UK 4 years ago) but have been told I can't use it any more as standards have changed. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I just think the quote is a little rediculous and want to check everything before I spend that much money.

Mel
When we arrived the crates would,nt fit in the car so customs let me take 2 smaller ones told me people leave them so they just burn them or throw away might be worth giving them a call see if they have any spare. Wont be taking them if we ever leave cost 6k to get them here so cant help with shipper sorry.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

TaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond repute

Mel
Do you have to use a shipper from Australia to the UK, or can you do it yourself? I've looked at quotes from the US to the UK, and using a shipper is astronomical. Doing it myself is about half the price. You have the paperwork headache -- and since I'm still six weeks away (OMG) from actually shipping my cats, I don't know if I've done it right -- but it is significantly cheaper. You might want to contact an approved airline to find out more information; currently from Melbourne to London Heathrow, that's BA World Cargo and Qantas. Hope this helps.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

loopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond repute

Flying into Gatwick is cheaper than Heathrow.

Dont ask me why but it is!

Tried to do trip ourselves but there is far more paperwork than youd think so using agent for NJ to Gatwick its $1500.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

TaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loopylorns
Flying into Gatwick is cheaper than Heathrow.

Dont ask me why but it is!

Tried to do trip ourselves but there is far more paperwork than youd think so using agent for NJ to Gatwick its $1500.
Hiya: which agent did you use? My husband may be handling our dog later next year, and I know he won't be going through all the paperwork himself, so I'd be curious to see how much they would charge for us flying from Virginia. Thanks.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all

Mel
hi there,i'm using dogtainers in perth and they quoted $3,500 from perth
to london,i'm heading back to glasgow too but was told by dogtainers it's by
far cheaper shipping to london and then accompanying the dog back up to scotland on another flight,i am also using the container he was shipped here
in although they apparently have to add some thickness to the crate as
shipping specifications have changed,i have a huge crate as i have a big
dog {italian spinone}
Old Aug 9th 2007, 9:17 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by fitz
hi there,i'm using dogtainers in perth and they quoted $3,500 from perth
to london,i'm heading back to glasgow too but was told by dogtainers it's by
far cheaper shipping to london and then accompanying the dog back up to scotland on another flight,i am also using the container he was shipped here
in although they apparently have to add some thickness to the crate as
shipping specifications have changed,i have a huge crate as i have a big
dog {italian spinone}
Hi

I am in the process of getting a quote now from All creatures. Jetpets also suggested accompanying the dog from London to Glasgow, but with two toddlers and no car we would rather pay a bit more. Will wait and see but hopefully it will be a bit cheaper than $5000, so far they have quoted $3200 to London so just waiting on the cost for the London - Glasgow part

Mel
Old Aug 9th 2007, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

loopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TaraC
Hiya: which agent did you use? My husband may be handling our dog later next year, and I know he won't be going through all the paperwork himself, so I'd be curious to see how much they would charge for us flying from Virginia. Thanks.

Will get back to you on this as hubby found this one.

Ill get you name/number when Dave gets into office.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Agents we are using are called

www.airborneanimals.com

Flying into Heathrow would be an additional $800 !!!!!
Old Aug 9th 2007, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by loopylorns
Agents we are using are called

www.airborneanimals.com

Flying into Heathrow would be an additional $800 !!!!!
Wow. That's a big difference in costs. I'm going to check into it though and see what they would do for Gatwick. Thanks very much. Tara
Old Aug 9th 2007, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Your welcome, cant believe the price difference.

Good luck!
Old Aug 10th 2007, 11:37 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Well, we were 1987 quid ( no pounds signs on this ozzie laptop ) to fly our Sprocket from Edinburgh-London-Singapore-Melbourne in March this year so that'd equate to the $5000k that's been quoted.
Might be best to keep shopping around.
When we eventually go back home we're getting the same flight as my pooch this time. Can hardly bear to think of him going through it all again. So may as well be there with him in the only way we can.
I've also kept the wooden crate he came in.

*pearly*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.