Going home but broke!!

Old Aug 24th 2010, 8:41 am
Just Joined

yammas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Going home but broke!!

Hello all, I am sixty four been out of UK four years . my husband is fifty nine been out of UK ten years. We have lived in Greece which now has its own economic problems and can no longer afford to stay here. We return to UK in six weeks. Problem is we are returning homeless and with very little money. We would be able to afford to rent a place furnished for a few months, does any one have any idea what help we would be entitled to. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thankyou.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 9:30 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going home but broke!!

You can apply to the councils for over 55's housing.. they often have empty flats/bungalows in most towns, and you will find that it won't be long before you find yourself in a home once again!

I'm thinking that you already have a UK pension so that will be easy enough to sort out, and if there is a short fall you should be able to claim income support, as you've not left the EU, I don't think that the residence 'rules' will be too much of a problem. You can also make use of Age Concern if you run into difficulties, and they will certainly fight your corner for you both!

HTH a little bit!
Old Aug 24th 2010, 9:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by alipally
You can apply to the councils for over 55's housing.. they often have empty flats/bungalows in most towns, and you will find that it won't be long before you find yourself in a home once again!

I'm thinking that you already have a UK pension so that will be easy enough to sort out, and if there is a short fall you should be able to claim income support, as you've not left the EU, I don't think that the residence 'rules' will be too much of a problem. You can also make use of Age Concern if you run into difficulties, and they will certainly fight your corner for you both!

HTH a little bit!
hiya, thanks for reply, never thought about Age Concern, will get on their website. Yammas
Old Aug 24th 2010, 5:10 pm
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yammas
hiya, thanks for reply, never thought about Age Concern, will get on their website. Yammas
chuckle - I am 62 and my wife said "why don't you go the senior center some time" - I was horrified coz I am a young buck and I think I am 42. Time for that when I am 95 !
Old Aug 25th 2010, 7:41 am
Just Joined

Wink Re: Going home but broke!!

Originally Posted by exvj
chuckle - I am 62 and my wife said "why don't you go the senior center some time" - I was horrified coz I am a young buck and I think I am 42. Time for that when I am 95 !
I am with you there!! Its only numbers after all! Forget them!: