Old May 24th 2007, 10:57 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Going home

At least you can feel focused now the decision is made

Good for you. All the very best.
Old May 24th 2007, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

atkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by idontknow
After months of dilebarating whether to stay or go, we have finally decided that we are going back to the UK.

We have been here a year, and Oz just isn't for us. We did all out homework and had a reccie here before we came, but as a lot of you say in your posts, you cannot possibly know a place properley until you actually live there! (so true)

Dont get me wrong, we like Australia, but it just isn't for us. I have been coming in here for a while, reading all your posts, and I have found my self nodding in agreement with some of the posts lol.
I have actually found this forum very helpful, because I realised that I wasn't the only one who felt like this...... to wake up each day and just want to be home - its been horrible.

It has been a hard decision to make, so much harder than leaving the UK was, but now we have finally decided to go home, I feel so much better about everything. We are hoping to go home June/July, so lots to do now!

Thanks everyone
All the best we did it and we have no regrets going to Oz or returning. It has just cemented our life together a bit more. certainly appreciate things here more.
All the best.
Old May 24th 2007, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by atkinsfamily
All the best we did it and we have no regrets going to Oz or returning. It has just cemented our life together a bit more. certainly appreciate things here more.
All the best.
You are so right; we are more cemented and our relationship has gone from rock solid....to carved from granite with a marble/diamond foundation! (Cant remember anymore hard rocks even though I did geology)
Old May 25th 2007, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your move back home.

We did consider for a long time going over Eastern side as I have good friends there, but I got the horrible feeling it would be the same, also wages are lower and I have noticed that house prices are starting to rise quite a bit, so we wouldnt be better off, and also I miss my old life even though it was the same old thing!! id rather be doing that back home in Uk than here in OZ.

Funny how it seems to be Perth though, everyone is leaving, my friend still really wants us to try it in Brisbane, but I think home is UK for us for now anyway.....
Old May 25th 2007, 6:09 am
Just Joined

dieseljocky is just really nicedieseljocky is just really nicedieseljocky is just really nicedieseljocky is just really nicedieseljocky is just really nicedieseljocky is just really nicedieseljocky is just really nicedieseljocky is just really nicedieseljocky is just really nice

I know what you feel like, I too am in Perth festering away...feels like I haven't functioned normally since coming here last June! However, off to a Wedding in Melbourne next week...gosh! getting out of Perth, how exciting! We intend having a good look round to see if Melb would be better suited to us.

Best wishes on your move back to the UK...you lucky lady! : )
Old May 25th 2007, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dieseljocky
I know what you feel like, I too am in Perth festering away...feels like I haven't functioned normally since coming here last June! However, off to a Wedding in Melbourne next week...gosh! getting out of Perth, how exciting! We intend having a good look round to see if Melb would be better suited to us.

Enjoy Melbourne
The botanic gardens are nice, yum food markets and the nearest to pubs from UK on the mainland I reckon, you know - tables with chairs not 'stools', and pints!!!

Last edited by birdynumnum; May 25th 2007 at 11:31 am.
Old May 25th 2007, 12:25 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by dieseljocky

Melbourne is beautiful! We spent a few days there not long after we'd arrived in Perth...seems like forever ago! I went to see Badge and the area he lives in is to die for. So gorgeous and green. Not like here at all. They have proper hills, not just a couple of bumps!

Oh, beware of the right turns in Melbourne city centre. Completely bonkers!!!
Old May 25th 2007, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Melbourne is beautiful! We spent a few days there not long after we'd arrived in Perth...seems like forever ago! I went to see Badge and the area he lives in is to die for. So gorgeous and green. Not like here at all. They have proper hills, not just a couple of bumps!

Oh, beware of the right turns in Melbourne city centre. Completely bonkers!!!
Yep Melbourne is really nice isnt it
Old May 25th 2007, 12:31 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Yep Melbourne is really nice isnt it
I remember landing, getting outside the airport and thinking "Civilisation does exist in Oz!!!" Soooooooooooooo different to sleepy old Perth.
Old May 25th 2007, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TraceyW
I remember landing, getting outside the airport and thinking "Civilisation does exist in Oz!!!" Soooooooooooooo different to sleepy old Perth.
In my humble opinion it's the most diverse & intersting city in Oz.
If I was a city type I'd definately live there. Went down to see some friends a while ago and was so excited to be back there. Like a kid in a sweet shop
Old May 25th 2007, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

dieseljocky is just really nicedieseljocky is just really nicedieseljocky is just really nicedieseljocky is just really nicedieseljocky is just really nicedieseljocky is just really nicedieseljocky is just really nicedieseljocky is just really nicedieseljocky is just really nice

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
In my humble opinion it's the most diverse & intersting city in Oz.
If I was a city type I'd definately live there. Went down to see some friends a while ago and was so excited to be back there. Like a kid in a sweet shop
Thanks Birdynumnum (love the name!) and Tracy, I fully intend to make the most of it!...especially as the Wedding reception is at a winery at a place called Yarra Glen...hic, hic hooray!! ; )....don't ever seem to have a reason to get dressed up in my glad-rags these days....so its off with the flip flops and on with the high heels!!! yee haa!....ooooh and to have some adult conversation!

As you guys say Melb is mean't to be lush, green and interesting compared to crispy Perth!....I just cannot seem to settle here, hubby would stay no problem....I try, honest! but with hubs working away it does get a wee bit lonely (no kid's) and find I am spending more and more time clamped to the PC and watching TV!.....hopefully Melbourne does the trick...if not, I don't think I can spend the rest of my life here.

cheers DJ : )