Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

getting to Gatwick from Heathrow by bus

getting to Gatwick from Heathrow by bus

Old Aug 22nd 2003, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

nansaidh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default getting to Gatwick from Heathrow by bus

Im arriving at Heathrow after a very long flight and have to connect with my friend at Heathrow. I've done some research and found that Flightlink, Jetlink and Speedlink run back and forth all day between the two.

Has anyone used this service and did you find it easy or confusing to use? I suppose Im a little boggled thinking about
having to organize a bus ride when I've been up for 24 hours.

Thanks for any info
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 3:45 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: getting to Gatwick from Heathrow by bus

Originally posted by nansaidh
Im arriving at Heathrow after a very long flight and have to connect with my friend at Heathrow. I've done some research and found that Flightlink, Jetlink and Speedlink run back and forth all day between the two.

Has anyone used this service and did you find it easy or confusing to use? I suppose Im a little boggled thinking about

Thanks for any info
I'm confident that a search on the web will yield details about where to catch the bus, where it terminates, costs, etc.

Just have the cash (they may take other forms of payment but you'll discover this from your web search) ready to pay for the journey...

NC Penguin
Old Aug 24th 2003, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

JayJay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by nansaidh

Thanks for any info
I used this service about a month ago and it is very straight forward.
When you arrive go to the Information Desk and ask for directions of where to catch the Bus.
You pay the Fare to the Driver as you board the Bus, I paid cash so I don't know if they accept Credit Cards or not.

The journey time the day I travelled was about 40 minutes, I found it a lot more convenient than using the Underground.
hope this helps
Old Aug 24th 2003, 8:09 am
talking Ter Sami

acer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by JayJay
You pay the Fare to the Driver as you board the Bus, I paid cash so I don't know if they accept Credit Cards or not.
Nominally they accept plastic (at least did a few months ago), but actually it seems to depend on how bad a day the bus driver has had. Some are great and really helpful, some seem to have taken on board fully the British reputation for service;-(
Old Aug 24th 2003, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

nansaidh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by JayJay
I used this service about a month ago and it is very straight forward.
When you arrive go to the Information Desk and ask for directions of where to catch the Bus.

The journey time the day I travelled was about 40 minutes, I found it a lot more convenient than using the Underground.
hope this helps
Thanks, this is exactly the type of info I need to hear!
Cheers
Old Aug 29th 2003, 1:15 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The coach is by far the quickest route; you can pay the driver but make sure you have cash, and preferably the lots of change so you can give the correct amount.
The comment about the standard of service is very accurate! Prepare to be made to feel unwelcome.... (there are rare exceptions, but unfriendliness is the rule)