Flight Prices to UK

Old Dec 3rd 2013, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flight Prices to UK

Originally Posted by durham_lad
That was per person, double cabin, inside room. Out from NYC end of March to Southampton, return in September. Entertainment, food all included. You can elect to have daily gratuities for cabin and service staff added (I forget how much but you can look at Cunard site for suggested amounts). Alcoholic drinks not included but actually very reasonably priced. Definitely counted as a cruise, in fact "the Crossing" that we did each way were segments of cruises, the outgoing crossing being the last segment of a World cruise that the QE had been on. Coming back the QM2 had started in Hamburg and from NYC was going on up into Maine then Canada.

Starting in 2016 we are planning on spending summers in the UK and winters in the US and we would definitely cruise over again, it was fantastic, a wonderful way to travel. I have back problems and this year I had convinced my wife that we could afford to fly business class, but then she looked into cruising, which was much cheaper than flying business class, plus you get 8 days each way on a luxury liner with loads of entertainment and great food laid on.
Thanks. Have you looked at relocation cruises. We've seen then from $399.
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bud the Wiser
Thanks. Have you looked at relocation cruises. We've seen then from $399.
Yes we have. Unfortunately the one we wanted this year, leaving Galveston, arrived too late to get to the wedding of my niece.

We quite fancy relocation cruises, particularly once we have a permanent place in the UK set up. Cruise over to Rome or Barcelona, traveling fairly light, then make our way across Europe to the UK.
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

bromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to behold

Windsong,

Definitely book a return but go with either BA or Virgin. The reason why I say this is that British airlines will refund you the UK government taxes and airport fees so if you call and cancel your "return" you can claim these back.

I did this and got back $376 for the 3 of us in total so about $125.00 back per person. I ended up cancelling the return online and got my refund within 2-3 weeks.
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 5:39 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bromleygirl
Windsong,

Definitely book a return but go with either BA or Virgin. The reason why I say this is that British airlines will refund you the UK government taxes and airport fees so if you call and cancel your "return" you can claim these back.

I did this and got back $376 for the 3 of us in total so about $125.00 back per person. I ended up cancelling the return online and got my refund within 2-3 weeks.
We did the same thing. Dd and I flew Virgin and Dh flew BA and I got a refund on the taxes on bothing the cost down even more.
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

lgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bromleygirl
Windsong,

Thanks for sharing that, I am planning to fly Virgin and get a return ticket because its cheaper. Didn't know id I cancelled the return I could get any money back.
Old Nov 24th 2014, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond repute

I dug up this thread with an open question to others who have booked a return flight with Virgin or another airline. Were you successful in getting a refund of any of the flight taxes when canceling unused return flights? We're all moving back in January and the one-way prices are higher than the return flights. So we're going to book return flights and then not use the return portion. But if we can cancel that portion and get a refund of taxes that would be a bonus! Let me know? Thanks!

Last edited by MrMuffin; Nov 24th 2014 at 5:26 pm. Reason: clarity