Estate agent speak ...

Old Apr 9th 2016, 1:07 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Estate agent speak ...

Originally Posted by Editha
Congratulations. I hope your move goes smoothly.
Thanks. The move will be as smooth as poured treacle...and about as fast.

The apartment is, or will be, devoid of furnishings on April 29th. However we're not in a rush to move in since we have a few months left on the rental contract for our present (furnished) flat. HID has identified what "we" want to buy but I've vetoed actually ordering stuff until the contracts were exchanged.
Old Apr 9th 2016, 1:21 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Thanks. The move will be as smooth as poured treacle...and about as fast.

The apartment is, or will be, devoid of furnishings on April 29th. However we're not in a rush to move in since we have a few months left on the rental contract for our present (furnished) flat. HID has identified what "we" want to buy but I've vetoed actually ordering stuff until the contracts were exchanged.
Don't forget to check that what you order will actually fit through the front door. If I'd taken my own advice, we wouldn't have had to remove the mother of all bay windows in order to get the sofas in
Old Apr 9th 2016, 1:52 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Don't forget to check that what you order will actually fit through the front door. If I'd taken my own advice, we wouldn't have had to remove the mother of all bay windows in order to get the sofas in
An excellent piece of advice that.
Old Apr 10th 2016, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Wishing you loads of happiness in your new apartment and that the move goes smoothly.
Old Apr 10th 2016, 12:55 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget to check that what you order will actually fit through the front door. If I'd taken my own advice, we wouldn't have had to remove the mother of all bay windows in order to get the sofas in. ....
When I bought my house in London it already had a sofa and chairs, and I have no idea how they were moved in to a small terraced house as the hallway was quite narrow, and they were quite large. When I sold the house five years later, I sold it with the sofa and chairs still in the living room.

Last edited by Pulaski; Apr 10th 2016 at 12:58 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2016, 4:56 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Pulaski
When I bought my house in London it already had a sofa and chairs, and I have no idea how they were moved in to a small terraced house as the hallway was quite narrow, and they were quite large. When I sold the house five years later, I sold it with the sofa and chairs still in the living room.
These days they have gro-bags for sofas. You just plant one from a doll's house and water it carefully.
Old Apr 10th 2016, 8:53 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I suspect that either a door or a window was removed to get them in - I was so embarrassed when I realized what I'd done! That's what I get for ordering stuff online from Australia

Good idea about selling them with the house, Scouse has said the same as he refuses to go through the demolition process again.
Old Apr 10th 2016, 8:54 pm
Concierge

These days they have gro-bags for sofas. You just plant one from a doll's house and water it carefully.
That wouldn't be any good for me, everything I plant dies
Old Apr 10th 2016, 10:25 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Update: Contracts were exchanged yesterday and completion will be on April 29th.
Thanks for all the advice in the thread.

Novo.
Great news on the home front.
Very many congrats Novo.

There is Novo place like your own home.
Old Apr 11th 2016, 7:31 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Great news on the home front.
Very many congrats Novo.

There is Novo place like your own home.
Couldn't find a "groan" smiley....
Hope you're still with us in France, Novo!
Old Apr 11th 2016, 8:18 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by dmu
Couldn't find a "groan" smiley....
Hope you're still with us in France, Novo!
Nor could I, so I put it in a karma message to BEVS.

The plan is 50/50 UK/France for the next few years. We'll see what happens next when it does.
Old Apr 11th 2016, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

. Similar shenanigans took place when we were selling Mother Dearest's house & trying to *remove* furniture... I couldn't for the life of me work out, at first, how we got the piano *in* originally: Then I remembered we'd renovated/reconfigured rooms & moved a doorway...

An excellent piece of advice that.
Originally Posted by feelbritish
Wishing you loads of happiness in your new apartment and that the move goes smoothly.
Ditto!
Old Apr 11th 2016, 10:12 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Nor could I, so I put it in a karma message to BEVS.

Old Sep 7th 2016, 5:09 pm
Born again atheist

Sorry to dig up this oldish thread, but I did promise to post some photos of the apartment we bought in April...

I was a bit bored this afternoon so I took some pictures....
Attached Thumbnails Estate agent speak ...-newflat1.jpg   Estate agent speak ...-newflat2.jpg   Estate agent speak ...-pleasantview1.jpg  
Old Sep 7th 2016, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Love the photos of your apartment. What a view you have!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.