Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Dog breeds not allowed to be brought into UK

Dog breeds not allowed to be brought into UK

Old Aug 25th 2015, 8:56 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dog breeds not allowed to be brought into UK

I wasn't smacked, yet strangely enough I've never mugged an old lady.

I wanted to know why you would choose a breed that you had to train in that way. You didn't answer the question.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Editha
I wanted to know why you would choose a breed that you had to train in that way. You didn't answer the question.
Maybe the "style" of her answers did in a way?
Old Aug 25th 2015, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Downton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say the fact that she owns a wolfdog says a lot....
Old Aug 25th 2015, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Isismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud of

AGAIN, I said I want to be prepared if I have issues!

When I got my wolfx pup the woman told me I had to constantly stay ontop of him and yes she was correct, NO, I did not use a shock collar on him but he knew I was the pack leader, he was an excellent guard dog and friend and did scare people when needed.

I am looking at this breed as they are excellent guard dogs and laid back at the same time, they are also beautiful and loving, I have just spent a few weeks looking after one for someone and totally fallen in love with the breed and yes they use a shock collar on it, I let them take the collar home with them and I had no issues with the dog, none atall and they were suprised at that, BUT since talking to a breeder here he tells me to have one on hand should any issues arise.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Downton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 25th 2015, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Isismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud ofIsismom has much to be proud of

Makes me want to rethink my return to the UK or at least bring a few boxes of collars with me to put on you lot, maybe your parents should have given you a couple smacks, stop you being so rude to people you dont know and cant really judge
Old Aug 25th 2015, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Isismom
Makes me want to rethink my return to the UK or at least bring a few boxes of collars with me to put on you lot, maybe your parents should have given you a couple smacks, stop you being so rude to people you dont know and cant really judge
Well folks, I don't think anything else needs to be said.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 9:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's time to put this thread to bed. Thread closed.