Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Do I Have all the Right Documents?

Do I Have all the Right Documents?

Old Feb 19th 2017, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

turnip65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Do I Have all the Right Documents?

Greetings again,

I'm Turnip65's American wife, and we're planning our return to the Motherland. I'm hoping to submit my application materials around March 1st with a proposed travel date around June 1st. He's a British citizen with a job offer in the UK, so we're using that to meet the Financial requirement (Appendix 2 - VAF4A). I've completed the online application but have not yet submitted it. I want to first make sure we're ticking all the boxes for the forms and supporting documents that I think we'll need. I also have not seen an address for where I'm supposed to post all this stuff. Previous replies have made reference to Sheffield, but where can I find the correct full address?

Forms:
- Online application for a Family Visa "applying to join family living in the UK" aka "family of a settled person", submit online and print to send with supporting documents
- Financial Requirement form Appendix 2, VAF4A
- Sponsorship Undertaking Form SU07 (I count as a dependent relative, and he counts as the sponsor, correct?)

Supporting Documents:
- His job offer letter from future employer in the UK confirming start date & salary
- His 6 mos. of payslips from current job (held for the last 3 years)
- His 6 mos. of bank statements corresponding to payslips
- Letter from his current employer confirming employment, salary, etc.
- marriage certificate (original or copy?)
- Passports - all of our current and previous UK & USA passports

Other possibilities:
- 6 mos. of MY payslips, bank statements, and letter from employer? - I've been confused about whether it's just his or both of ours required. I'm the American visa applicant, and he is the British sponsor/partner.
- tax returns?
- Do either of us need a letter from the bank confirming the current balances or dates for when we opened accounts?
- Do we need supporting documents to show whether we have housing arranged?

You all have been a wonderful help so far, so thank you again and in advance!

Best regards,
Mrs. Turnip65
Old Feb 19th 2017, 11:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do I Have all the Right Documents?

You do not need form SU07 (that form is for dependent parents etc)

You do not need 6 months of payslips etc for YOUR employment as you are applying under your husband's employment (sponsor)

You need to provide your Immigration Health Surcharge receipt number with the documents package

You should provide evidence of your relationship apart from the marriage certificate such as pictures of events over the years.

You do not need to send the full passport of your sponsor - only a photocopy of the bio page. You do not need to send all your old passports

You should send the original marriage certificate AND a copy.

You MUST show that accommodation is all arranged in the UK. If renting somewhere, the tenancy agreement, if staying with relatives/friends, their agreement to you staying there and proof that the accommodation will not be overcrowded.

No, you don't need letters from the bank confirming dates of accounts.

His job offer letter must contain, start date, salary, description of job and whether, permanent/ contract/ temporary.

Is there a job contract? If so, include it.

The following document will help:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...settlement.pdf
Old Feb 19th 2017, 11:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Further info:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...isa-in-the-usa
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

turnip65 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much for this information! I hadn't found (or previously found and forgot) about the second link. That's exactly what I was hoping for - a nice outline of how and when and where...

Some follow-up questions about the accommodation:

"You MUST show that accommodation is all arranged in the UK. If renting somewhere, the tenancy agreement, if staying with relatives/friends, their agreement to you staying there and proof that the accommodation will not be overcrowded."

Q: We'll be living with his sister and her husband, in a home owned - but not occupied by - her husband's parents. I can ask the sister and husband for a letter confirming accommodation arrangements, but do I also need a letter from the homeowners? We have discussed and gotten approval for this arrangement with the owners, but we don't have anything in writing. As for "proof" it won't be overcrowded, how do I "prove" the square footage or # beds/baths in the house and the # of current residents? Is it acceptable for this just to be explained in the letter from the sister and/or owners?

Many thanks!
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 6:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by turnip65
Thank you so much for this information! I hadn't found (or previously found and forgot) about the second link. That's exactly what I was hoping for - a nice outline of how and when and where...

Some follow-up questions about the accommodation:

"You MUST show that accommodation is all arranged in the UK. If renting somewhere, the tenancy agreement, if staying with relatives/friends, their agreement to you staying there and proof that the accommodation will not be overcrowded."

Q: We'll be living with his sister and her husband, in a home owned - but not occupied by - her husband's parents. I can ask the sister and husband for a letter confirming accommodation arrangements, but do I also need a letter from the homeowners? We have discussed and gotten approval for this arrangement with the owners, but we don't have anything in writing. As for "proof" it won't be overcrowded, how do I "prove" the square footage or # beds/baths in the house and the # of current residents? Is it acceptable for this just to be explained in the letter from the sister and/or owners?

Many thanks!
You need permission from the owners. Also proof that they are the owners (copy of deeds/mortgage).

You need to get a property inspection setting out the accommodation's details (rooms etc). (your relatives can do that for you since you are not in the UK). In the application you state how many people apart from yourselves will be living in the accommodation.
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 6:54 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
You need permission from the owners. Also proof that they are the owners (copy of deeds/mortgage).

You need to get a property inspection setting out the accommodation's details (rooms etc). (your relatives can do that for you since you are not in the UK). In the application you state how many people apart from yourselves will be living in the accommodation.
You're an absolute treasure SDG