Coming back

Old Jan 1st 2018, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

goins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to all
Default Coming back

Season Greetings everyone, not a hard question, but i will be coming back after some time and space and clearing my head... does anyone know if there is a from LGW some sort of transport to a station so i can get a train to Retford
Thank you
Old Jan 1st 2018, 10:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coming back

In March 2017, you said you were returning to Toronto until possibly April 2017.

Have you been out of the UK all this time?

You take a train from London Gatwick to Victoria and then, I think, go to Kings Cross for train to Retford (if you are talking about the one in Nottinghamshire)
Old Jan 1st 2018, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

When Gatwick was opened as a commercial airport in the 1930s it had its own station. It is still there and trains still stop there

I have lifted this from WIKIPEDIA

The airport railway station, next to the South Terminal, provides connections along the Brighton Main Line to Victoria and London Bridge stations in London and Brighton, Worthing, Eastbourne, Portsmouth and Bognor Regis to the south. Although the Gatwick Express to Victoria (operated by Southern) is the best-known service from the station, other companies (including Thameslink and Great Western Railway) also use the station and Southern services Victoria and London Bridge under its own name. Thameslink provides direct trains to Luton Airport; Great Western Railway trains directly link Gatwick Airport with Guildford and Reading for onwards connections to Oxford, Bristol, Plymouth and Cardiff. Pedestrians may reach Heathrow by a X26 Express Bus outside East Croydon station, an intermediate stop for rail service to London.

London Oyster Cards and contactless cards have been accepted on all rail routes from Gatwick Airport into London since January 2016.

Last edited by scot47; Jan 1st 2018 at 11:04 pm.
Old Jan 1st 2018, 11:30 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Get a direct train from Gatwick to St Pancras and then walk across to Kings Cross for a train to Retford. An advance ticket would the cheapest way to go in terms of fares. Alternatively Gatwick is now included in the Oyster travel area so you can use a contactless card to get you from Gatwick to St Pancras and you can then buy a ticket from Kings Cross to Retford.
Old Jan 1st 2018, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

goins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to all

I came back in October 15 to be precise..needed to clear my head and think about things..
Tickets are cheap really cheap.. from Pearson Airport.. YYZ
Old Jan 1st 2018, 11:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps you could explain where you are now.

You entered the UK in October 2016 with a spouse visa.

In March 2017 you said you were returning to Toronto to do taxes - hence my question as to have you been in Canada all this time?

Being out of the UK while on your initial spouse visa could have implications when it comes to applying for your next visa.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Am i not allowed 6 mths i came back to do my taxes went back after my taxes... left in October came back and now going back for good.. what sort of implications would that be being out of the country.. thanks San
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 12:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by goins
Am i not allowed 6 mths i came back to do my taxes went back after my taxes... left in October came back and now going back for good.. what sort of implications would that be being out of the country.. thanks San
You entered the UK on your spouse visa in October 2016.
When did you leave the UK?
When did you enter Canada?
When did you re-enter the UK.

There is no 6 months allowance to leave while on a spouse visa. Nothing is written down in the rules (unless someone can point me to them). It is recommended that one does not leave for more then 6 months during the initial visa stages.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

checking my absent from the uk

March 14, 2017 to Toronto --- taxes
April 24 2017 left Toronto

left October 15 2017
leaving Toronto Jan either 18 or the 25 and going back to the UK
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 2:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by goins
checking my absent from the uk

March 14, 2017 to Toronto --- taxes
April 24 2017 left Toronto

left October 15 2017
leaving Toronto Jan either 18 or the 25 and going back to the UK
OK...approx 4 months absence.