Christmas is coming....

Old Nov 28th 2012, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

killerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud of
Default Christmas is coming....

Sorry, I know it's only November, but this will be our first Christmas since we have been home.

We're not sure where we'll be for Christmas Dinner yet, either at friends' or they will be at ours (they are just a few miles away).

We've kind of maintained a lot of our own Christmas traditions in the 17 years we have been away, but there are some things that will certainly be more special this year:

Pre-Christmas: all those songs on the radio: Wizard, Slade, Chris de Burgh etc.
Christmas Eve: in the pub, then home, see in Christmas. We still leave a mince pie, glass of port and a carrot for Santa and Rudolph, and we have some sleigh bells that we ring once our daughter has gone to bed (she's now 19!)

Christmas Day: we've made some raspberry gin (my mouth is actually watering as I'm typing this!) which should be ready after a few months "maturing". Kings College Choir playing on an LP.

Later on: the Doctor Who Christmas special!! For later in the holiday my wife just bought "Muppets Christmas Carol" and "White Christmas" which I guess will be on at some stage but we can watch them when we want.

What are you particularly looking forward to now you are back home?
Old Nov 28th 2012, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas is coming....

Candles on the mantle over the fireplace, an old Victorian street lamp with a red bow on it, traditional Christmas carols, Christmas dinner gravy made with bisto granules and custard spiked with a wee bit drambuie on the Christmas pudding...oh and I almost forgot.....the Downton Abbey Christmas Special
Old Nov 28th 2012, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

After 28 years living in US there is nothing to compare to how great Xmas is in England..
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

Maltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really nice

Originally Posted by curleytops
Candles on the mantle over the fireplace, an old Victorian street lamp with a red bow on it, traditional Christmas carols, Christmas dinner gravy made with bisto granules and custard spiked with a wee bit drambuie on the Christmas pudding...oh and I almost forgot.....the Downton Abbey Christmas Special
Yay, I am so in to Downton Abbey just started watching it today and 1/2 through season 2 hopefully will be caught up thru season 3 tomorrow.
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

Noels Christmas presents...........gets me everytime.