Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

M1 Vocational Student Visa Help!

M1 Vocational Student Visa Help!

Old Nov 7th 2011, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

w.1016 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default M1 Vocational Student Visa Help!

Hello all,

I have an upcoming interview next monday for the M1 Visa to do a vocational course in Orlando to become a certified personal trainer. This course is internationally accredited which is a major reason why I want to do this particular course. Unfortunately, I was denied on my first appointment-granted, I wasn't very well prepared, but for this second one I have letters of reference from the program itself and my current work, saying that they would consider me for a job on my return if one was available. I'm basically looking for ideas or things I can bring to the interview to help boost my case. I was also wondering whether I should buy a plane ticket to the USA so I can show that on my application, demonstrating my intent to return to the UK-but this is a big risk obviously, if I don't get it. Any suggestions?
Thanks
W
Old Nov 7th 2011, 11:39 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: M1 Vocational Student Visa Help!

Originally Posted by w.1016
Hello all,

I have an upcoming interview next monday for the M1 Visa to do a vocational course in Orlando to become a certified personal trainer. This course is internationally accredited which is a major reason why I want to do this particular course. Unfortunately, I was denied on my first appointment-granted, I wasn't very well prepared, but for this second one I have letters of reference from the program itself and my current work, saying that they would consider me for a job on my return if one was available. I'm basically looking for ideas or things I can bring to the interview to help boost my case. I was also wondering whether I should buy a plane ticket to the USA so I can show that on my application, demonstrating my intent to return to the UK-but this is a big risk obviously, if I don't get it. Any suggestions?
Thanks
W
How long ago was the last denial?

How is your prior US travel history?

How would you support yourself while studying considering you will have quit your job?

How far from Orlando does your girlfriend/boyfriend live?
Old Nov 7th 2011, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

My last appointment will have been two weeks ago this Friday. My us travel history is quite frequent, I have had 3 visas ( 2 student, 1 for summer camp work) as well as one trip a year for a max of a week, but never overstaying. I have funds from work and given to me by family for study purposes. I am currently single.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 12:46 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

My last appointment will have been two weeks ago this Friday.
Be prepared to be denied again... and don't buy a plane ticket until you have the visa in your hand.

I am currently single.
I was single right up until the day I was married.

Ian
Old Nov 8th 2011, 8:19 am
Just Joined

What would you say my
chances are?
Old Nov 8th 2011, 9:12 am
Just Joined

Cool Re: M1 Vocational Student Visa Help!

Is my new appointmwnt too soon? Would you recommend a later one?
Old Nov 8th 2011, 1:15 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

What would you say my chances are?
Since you ask, somewhere between 0% and 50%. You already have a denied visa (which you must declare on the new application) and they are not obligated to look at any of your new evidence.

Is my new appointmwnt too soon? Would you recommend a later one?
If you can wait 6 months between appointments, that's probably the minimum that I'd recommend. If your course takes place during that time, then you have to figure out how important it is to you. Worst case scenario = you get another denied visa and you lose the application fee.

Ian
Old Nov 8th 2011, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

The program is in January, hence why I wanted an appointment sooner rather than later..
Old Nov 8th 2011, 2:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

The program is in January, hence why I wanted an appointment sooner rather than later..
Why Florida, seems something you do it anywhere from a quick google.

I am sure that is what the Consulate are also wondering.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat099; Nov 8th 2011 at 3:01 pm.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

This particular course is what's appealing-not the fact thats in the USA. It's an internationally renowed course that gives you a qualification in over 38 countries, and because its a 4 month program, it has over 500 hours of classroom teaching and 200 hours of practical lessons. The best course I could find in the UK, that was about the same price, was only 5 weeks, so in my mind I would not be getting anywhere as near good value for money, nor would I be as qualified or as comfortable as a personal trainer.
All of this, of course, because I wasn't well prepared, I didn't mention during my first interview. I will be saying all of this during my second, with supporting documents from my current work and the program itself.

Thanks for your answers guys-any more useful tips, advice, or suggestions of things I could bring would greatly be appreciated.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

This particular course is what's appealing-not the fact thats in the USA. It's an internationally renowed course that gives you a qualification in over 38 countries, and because its a 4 month program, it has over 500 hours of classroom teaching and 200 hours of practical lessons. The best course I could find in the UK, that was about the same price, was only 5 weeks, so in my mind I would not be getting anywhere as near good value for money, nor would I be as qualified or as comfortable as a personal trainer.
All of this, of course, because I wasn't well prepared, I didn't mention during my first interview. I will be saying all of this during my second, with supporting documents from my current work and the program itself.

Thanks for your answers guys-any more useful tips, advice, or suggestions of things I could bring would greatly be appreciated.
The fact that you can do a similar course in your home country, all be it, in your opinion not as extensive and will cost you more money, in my opinion means that your chances of getting a visa are slim.
Old Nov 19th 2011, 12:28 am
Just Joined

Hello all,

Well you were correct, it was a no unfortunately, but I'll have to take it on the chin. My worry now is, how will this visa refusal impact any potential future visa applications I may apply for down the line? I am considering graduate school over there in a year's time or so...

All the best
Will
Old Nov 19th 2011, 2:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,

Well you were correct, it was a no unfortunately, but I'll have to take it on the chin. My worry now is, how will this visa refusal impact any potential future visa applications I may apply for down the line? I am considering graduate school over there in a year's time or so...

All the best
Will
Graduate Personal Trainer?

I think you are over doing it.
Old Nov 19th 2011, 11:07 am
Just Joined

No I will be working as a personal trainer here in the UK for some time, but I would eventually like to attend graduate school to get a masters in sports studies
Old Nov 19th 2011, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

discoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond repute

Cross that bridge when you get to it. It will be a new visa application with different requirements. The consulate will see your previous visa applications and take them into consideration, but nobody here can predict what the outcome will be. The only thing that can be predicted with 100% certainty, is that you will not get a visa unless you apply.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.