Car Insurance WHOAH!!

Old Aug 18th 2017, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Insurance WHOAH!!

Originally Posted by Saigon456
OK...just got back to UK 3 weeks ago after 14 years in Vietnam. All documentation is sorted. Got a job, got the kid in school....last thing....need to buy a car. Looking at insurance quotes I'm getting around 800GBP for simple run-arounds with 1.2L engines. Seems a lot. I know I don't have any no claims bonus, I guess this is the deciding factor.

Any advice for getting the quotes down?

Hi,

Can you not ask your old insurance company to send you a letter to acknowledge your no claims bonus from Vietnam? I phoned loads of insurance companies when I arrived back after living overseas and finally decided on Aviva, the excepted my no claims letter from overseas and also I had a good car ...ie environmental good, nearly new, safety features which all helps to lower your quotes, my was fully comp with my DH on as an extra driver and it was £434 and I haggle with Aviva every year when renewal comes around and it is currently at: $393. Good luck
Old Aug 18th 2017, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute

The insurance for my wife on her foreign licence for the first 12 months was cheaper than when she got her UK licence!!
They treated her as a new driver again even though she's been driving for 25 years.

Wasn't expecting that after 12 months of being in the UK. I assumed it was more expensive on a non UK licence.

Just a heads up.
Old Aug 18th 2017, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Britflyer
For anyone returning from the USA, under the Fair Credit Reporting Act you are entitled to a free copy of your CLUE Auto Claims report which shows your last seven years record. This is the information US insurance companies use to check your claims record when giving a quote, you can get it by mail from here.
https://personalreports.lexisnexis.c...disclosure.jsp
or create an account and get it on-line:

https://personalreports.lexisnexis.c...ms/landing.jsp
Old Aug 21st 2017, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
Read Martin Lewis's money watch website will give you lots and lots of advice on cutting your insurance costs, I think one of the most important things is to ensure that you are on your child's insurance policy as additional drivers which will actually cut his insurance costs and may slightly lower yours as well.
This definitely helps, not tried doing a quote for a while now so don't know what the price difference is.