Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Canadian PR Wanting to Join The British Army

Canadian PR Wanting to Join The British Army

Old Feb 25th 2015, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

bm2312 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian PR Wanting to Join The British Army

I'm looking to get some info and advice from anyone who's applied to the British Armed Forces as a permanent resident in another country.

I've been a Canadian permanent resident for the last 8 years as my parents emigrated here from the UK when I was 13. I've now completed my high school education in Canada and received my Bachelor's degree from McGill and am looking into applying as an officer in the British Army.
I can't apply to the Canadian Armed Forces as I don't yet have Canadian citizenship.
I still have family in the UK so I would have a sponsor in the UK like it asks for in the application.
One main thing I'm unsure of is how to state my Canadian education qualifications. Would it be better to pay for a service like NARIC to professionally evaluate them?

Any other advice/experiences from people who have done or thought about this would be greatly appreciated!
Old Feb 26th 2015, 1:00 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian PR Wanting to Join The British Army

Get your Canadian citizenship first. If you don't you may regret it if you want to come back.
Old Feb 26th 2015, 10:43 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian PR Wanting to Join The British Army

I would recommend you ask on ARRSE but I can see you have already done so!