Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Paying Deposit Prior to Arrival

Paying Deposit Prior to Arrival

Old Feb 20th 2018, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

Freshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond repute
Default Paying Deposit Prior to Arrival

Hello everyone

I'm going to be arriving home in a few weeks and have found an ideal property, they require a holding deposit of £250 but without having a UK bank account I'm trying to figure out the best way to get the funds to the agency.

Any thoughts ?

Cheers
Old Feb 20th 2018, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paying Deposit Prior to Arrival

Originally Posted by Freshwhyte
Hello everyone

I'm going to be arriving home in a few weeks and have found an ideal property, they require a holding deposit of £250 but without having a UK bank account I'm trying to figure out the best way to get the funds to the agency.

Any thoughts ?

Cheers
Transferwise should work. I used it to transfer money to my brother’s bank in Australia. The agency should be able to provide their bank details for you to send money to.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Freshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paying Deposit Prior to Arrival

Cheers for the reply, had a last minute change of heart on the property (glad it happened before I sent the funds) but will definitely use Transferwise when I find a place that I ACTUALLY like and am not settling with over panic to just find somewhere