Can you work with an ILE?

Old Feb 4th 2018, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

Danikamartin13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can you work with an ILE?

Looking into moving our family to England from canada. My husband and 2 kids are citizens. It's o my me we need to get a visa for. It seems like applying to get my ILE will work for us and I read once I have that and fully move to UK and can prove I speak English I can get my ILR and this is how I can work? Am I on the right track here? My husband is currently living with us here in Canada but has a great job offer in the UK and can meet the financial guarantee of like 18600 pounds or whatever it is.
Old Feb 4th 2018, 8:49 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you work with an ILE?

ILE is Indefinite Leave to Enter. It's unlikely that you are currently eligible. I think you may be confusing ILE with a spouse visa. A spouse visa will allow you to work in the UK from the get-go. After 2.5 years you will need to apply for FLR, Further Leave to Remain. After another 2.5 years you will then meet the residence requirement for ILR, Indefinite Leave to Remain. As the spouse of a British citizen you will also become eligible for naturalisation as a British citizen as soon as you are granted ILR.

If you are a Canadian citizen then your Canadian passport is sufficient evidence of your English language ability. You will need to meet the financial and accommodation requirements in order for your spouse visa application to be successful.

Can I ask when you married your husband? Also do you have any recent British, Irish or other European ancestry; parents, grandparents or great-grandparents?
Old Feb 5th 2018, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

On the gov.uk website the financial part says u and ur partner must have a COMBINED income of 18600 pounds per year. But on the forum it's states only the British citizens income will be used. Which is it? Also if my husband is the one with a guaranteed job and not me (the one applying for the visa) is that ok as long as his income is above the 18600 pounds limit?
Old Feb 5th 2018, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

We have been married for 7 years. And my grandparents ate French and polish and hungarian.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 8:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danikamartin13
On the gov.uk website the financial part says u and ur partner must have a COMBINED income of 18600 pounds per year. But on the forum it's states only the British citizens income will be used. Which is it? Also if my husband is the one with a guaranteed job and not me (the one applying for the visa) is that ok as long as his income is above the 18600 pounds limit?
Only the British spouse's income is valid for the initial visa. When you apply for Further leave to Remain then both incomes can be used.

Sound as though you are going for the initial visa, so it's your husband's income that counts.

You should read the following document to see under which category you qualify:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ment_Final.pdf

You won't be able to apply for the visa from Canada based on the new job ONLY.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

Ok but if my partners income was over the 16800 pounds per year Mark and he has a job confirmed for the UK for over the requirement as well we will be ok. Also we have two children together. I just need to get their British passports. So we don't need the income to be more then the 18600 pounds...I believe I read that correctly. Thank u for ur help.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 9:42 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

We have been married for 7 years. And my grandparents ate French and polish and hungarian.
I think the Hungarians will give a passport to the grandchildren of a Hungarian citizen, obviously you need the birth certificates to prove your relationship. A Hungarian passport would, for the next 14 months, enable you to settle in the UK, and you wouldn't have the visa fees or need to prove income. Better still, it would enable you to move with your family to any other country in the European Onion.
Ok but if my partners income was over the £18,600 pounds per year Mark and he has a job confirmed for the UK for over the requirement as well we will be ok. Also we have two children together. I just need to get their British passports. So we don't need the income to be more then the £18,600...I believe I read that correctly. ....
Yes, you read that correctly.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 9:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Ok but if my partners income was over the 16800 pounds per year Mark and he has a job confirmed for the UK for over the requirement as well we will be ok. Also we have two children together. I just need to get their British passports. So we don't need the income to be more then the 18600 pounds...I believe I read that correctly. Thank u for ur help.
Yes. if husband currently has job earning at or over 18,600 GBP per annum AND he has a job to go to in the UK also earning at or over 18,600 GBP per annum AND starting within 3 months of your return then you can apply for the spouse visa now in Canada and travel together once visa is issued.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 10:45 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

It would be very worthwhile investigating as to whether you can obtain a Hungarian and/or Polish passport as they will allow you to move to the UK without having to worry about a spouse visa. Both countries operate a jus sanguinis citizenship policy which means that citizenship is passed on regardless of place of birth.

Polish Citizenship

https://ottawa.mfa.gov.hu/eng/page/a...ampolgarsagrol
Old Feb 6th 2018, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

Can anyone tell me how long I have to immigrate to the UK after my application is granted? Trying to figure out a timeline for moving...
Old Feb 6th 2018, 8:44 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone tell me how long I have to immigrate to the UK after my application is granted? Trying to figure out a timeline for moving...
Thirty days, either after the date you asked for, or after the date the visa was granted, whichever is later.
Old Feb 6th 2018, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Thirty days, either after the date you asked for, or after the date the visa was granted, whichever is later.
Thank you. I better pick the right date if I only have 30 days leyway.
Old Feb 6th 2018, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by Pulaski
What Pulaski said. You can select a travel date up to six months in advance.
Old Feb 6th 2018, 9:01 pm

Thank you. I better pick the right date if I only have 30 days leyway.
Or you could apply for a Polish passport.