Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Can Enrolled Nurse from Australia work in UK?

Can Enrolled Nurse from Australia work in UK?

Old Jul 3rd 2013, 10:17 am
Just Joined

pplus2013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can Enrolled Nurse from Australia work in UK?

Hi There,
I am the enrolled nurse from Australia that I am looking for a job in UK where my partner lives there.
Can I be able to work in UK by using civil partnership visa?

For any advice always welcome =)
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 10:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can Enrolled Nurse from Australia work in UK?

Originally Posted by pplus2013
Hi There,
I am the enrolled nurse from Australia that I am looking for a job in UK where my partner lives there.
Can I be able to work in UK by using civil partnership visa?

For any advice always welcome =)
You will need to be registered in the UK. Being registered in Aus isn't enough I'm afraid.

Have a look at http://www.nmc-uk.org/Registration/
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 5:48 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can Enrolled Nurse from Australia work in UK?

UK doesn't have enrolled nurses any more (I'm a UK trained EN and US LVN), they only have RN's but when I contacted the NMC they told me that I'd need proof of work, I forget how many hours over the last couple of years and also my US license, and do the back to practice course at Uni before I could have an RN grade 2 license to work in UK.
I would email them your information and ask what you would need to do to work as a nurse in UK. It took about a week to get a reply and then I emailed a second question and got an answer the next day.