Bus Pass

Old Feb 6th 2016, 8:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bus Pass

A good site about concessionary travel in England
Bus Pass Heaven
Looking for similar for Scotland - and the other bits of the Disintegrating Kingdom.
Old Feb 6th 2016, 8:55 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bus Pass

Scotland | Pensioners, Disabled & Bus Passes Blog

http://betterbuses.org/your-say-in-m...-chief-letter/

lower in the following link

http://betterbuses.org/your-say/

Last edited by not2old; Feb 6th 2016 at 9:14 pm. Reason: added links to the thread
Old Feb 7th 2016, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Dundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to all

Pensioners and disabled people get free bus travel anywhere in Scotland... I have used my pass to travel from Dundee to Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen.

Concessionary travel for people aged 60+ or with a disability | Transport Scotland
Old Feb 8th 2016, 8:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I've copied the posts to the Useful UK links sticky thread
Thanks all
Old Feb 8th 2016, 8:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I used my bus pass to travel to Ullapool. From there I paid for the ferry to Stornoway and then used the bus pass to head south on the Western isles as far as Lochboisdale.
Summer 2016 I want to go and have a look at Elgin.
Old Feb 8th 2016, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Dundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by scot47
I used my bus pass to travel to Ullapool. From there I paid for the ferry to Stornoway and then used the bus pass to head south on the Western isles as far as Lochboisdale.
Summer 2016 I want to go and have a look at Elgin.
We are heading up to Inverness this coming summer, we will use the bus to travel around the Black Isle and then head over to Oban and Fort William then home to Dundee on the bus via Perth... All for free
Old Feb 8th 2016, 9:55 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
A good site about concessionary travel in England
Bus Pass Heaven
Looking for similar for Scotland - and the other bits of the Disintegrating Kingdom.
The problem in England is that not all bus passes are the same, some allow travel only after 9:30 am Mon to Fri, others any time of the day, each bus pass is specific to the authroity it is issued by, and will cover other areas, but only the same as that area, so if you have a pass that allows you to travel at any time, then you usually will have to follow the local rules. Some bus passes for disabled people do allow anytime travel in your local area even though the normal ones have restrictions.
Old Feb 8th 2016, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mikelincs
The problem in England is that not all bus passes are the same, some allow travel only after 9:30 am Mon to Fri, others any time of the day, each bus pass is specific to the authroity it is issued by, and will cover other areas, but only the same as that area, so if you have a pass that allows you to travel at any time, then you usually will have to follow the local rules. Some bus passes for disabled people do allow anytime travel in your local area even though the normal ones have restrictions.
We are really lucky here in Scotland, we can use all the local bus services and also the national services like the Mega Bus and National Express all for free. Also the actual card gets you discounts at other locations like theatre tickets and entrance fees..

We also have Club 50 that gives discounts on Scot rail trains for people over 50 years old..

Club 50 membership cards | ScotRail
Old Feb 11th 2016, 7:30 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I can barely get myself together in the morning to catch the 9:34 bus so the time restriction hasn't inconvenienced me yet!
Old Feb 11th 2016, 1:02 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

In England, the national scheme is only for off-peak travel. I haven't come across any local authorities which allow peak travel on the pass. Which do?