Reload this Page >

British Citizen Father Wants To Settle In UK with His Family

British Citizen Father Wants To Settle In UK with His Family

Old Sep 24th 2016, 8:18 am
Just Joined

new_look is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Citizen Father Wants To Settle In UK with His Family

Dear All

I have been advised from a close friend of main about your discussion board that it’s the best place to obtain positive results and advices.

I am British Citizen father 45 years old born in Abu Dhabi & working since more than 22 years…

Married with 4 children (14 – 13 – 11 – 9 years) my wife and children are all not holding British citizen and they have same of my wife passports which are Yemeni.

I started to think very positively to move back to UK with my family and settle; however I don’t know where to start from and how to do it! Although I made a good saving which is more than £ 250,000/-

I need your gaudiness and steps from the scratch and what pointes I should take care, I don’t have any relative in UK and I have been there several visit.

Thank you and waiting for your interactions
Old Sep 24th 2016, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Citizen Father Wants To Settle In UK with His Family

I'm sure Brit in Paris will be along before long - he's our resident expert on this subject! however, please read this document carefully to see if you meet the financial criteria:
Appendix_FM_Annex_1_7_Financial_Requirement.pdf
Assuming you have held your savings for 6 months and they are instantly accessible plus your British Citizenship is OK then you need enough capital for your wife and children. you can work out the amount from the document.
Then I think you will be looking at a Spouse visa, but BIP can point you in the right direction. Just be patient - we are spread all over the world and some of us only get to visit the forum on an irregular basis.
Welcome to BE by the way!
Old Sep 24th 2016, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

This needs study and good opinion by expert such as Brit in Paris
Old Sep 24th 2016, 7:42 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

£250,000 is more than enough to meet the financial requirements for your wife's spouse visa and your children's visas as well. Can I ask how and when you become a British citizen?
Old Sep 24th 2016, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
£250,000 is more than enough to meet the financial requirements for your wife's spouse visa and your children's visas as well. Can I ask how and when you become a British citizen?
This was in 2004 from British Embassy in Abu Dhabi
I was having British Overseas citizenship
Old Sep 24th 2016, 8:03 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by new_look
This was in 2004 from British Embassy in Abu Dhabi
I was having British Overseas citizenship
So you were a British Overseas Citizen and were able to register as a British Citizen?
Old Sep 24th 2016, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

So you were a British Overseas Citizen and were able to register as a British Citizen?
Yes
Most of our family and friends who was having BOC from their father and mother turned to British citizens as they announce that time they can become BC if they don't hold any other nationality
I got it and my mother and father and sisters
But I couldn't pass it to my children
Old Sep 24th 2016, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

If i can do it with this limite of saving and cash can you please tell me how i can !

I don't know the direction and roots
Old Sep 24th 2016, 8:13 pm

Yes
Most of our family and friends who was having BOC from their father and mother turned to British citizens as they announce that time they can become BC if they don't hold any other nationality
I got it and my mother and father and sisters
But I couldn't pass it to my children
That makes sense. That kind of registration only gives you British citizenship by descent so only your children who are born in the UK would automatically be British citizens.

Are your savings 'cash savings', that is, you have instant access to the money?
Old Sep 24th 2016, 8:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You, the British citizen, will need to sponsor your wife and children for settlement visas to enter the UK

Start here:

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk

You, as the Brit, will be regarded as the family living permanently in the UK as soon as you enter the UK.

You will need to fulfill financial, accommodation and relationship criteria.

The financial requirements are below:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf

Sounds like you have adequate savings (250K GBP) to qualify.
Old Sep 24th 2016, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

That makes sense. That kind of registration only gives you British citizenship by descent so only your children who are born in the UK would automatically be British citizens.

Are your savings 'cash savings', that is, you have instant access to the money?
Yes i do and have around £150000 and also my final settlement from work and will sell property I bought
Old Sep 24th 2016, 8:49 pm

Yes i do and have around £150000 and also my final settlement from work and will sell property I bought
Sounds good. Take a look at the links that SanDiegogirl posted and come back if you have any questions.
Old Sep 27th 2016, 6:46 am
Just Joined

Thank you dear
What type of visa i should look for my wife and children

And what the minimum cash should i show in my bank account

The accommodation is not available when I apply for the visa, the plan is to move there and either rent or buy but this will be decided later - should it be now ?

The children application any restrictions or points should i take care of

Finally what I should put on my consideration points might stop or refuse the application and points will lead to success

Thank you dear
Old Sep 27th 2016, 3:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Read the links provided above. All the information is there.
Old Sep 27th 2016, 4:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you dear
What type of visa i should look for my wife and children

And what the minimum cash should i show in my bank account

The accommodation is not available when I apply for the visa, the plan is to move there and either rent or buy but this will be decided later - should it be now ?

The children application any restrictions or points should i take care of

Finally what I should put on my consideration points might stop or refuse the application and points will lead to success

Thank you dear
Just a heads up - calling people 'dear' isn't really the done thing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.