Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

British citizen by decent moving back to the U.K. with child born overseas

British citizen by decent moving back to the U.K. with child born overseas

Old Nov 28th 2016, 5:35 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British citizen by decent moving back to the U.K. with child born overseas

Originally Posted by Kaylarene92
The father I divorced, had a lot of mental problems and abuse towards me and jaedon. ....
No matter what, you still need his permission, or a court order.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

Kaylarene92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British citizen by decent moving back to the U.K. with child born overseas

Originally Posted by Pulaski
No matter what, you still need his permission, or a court order.
Yes I got his consent in section 7 of form MN1 this morning.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 5:47 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I got his consent in section 7 of form MN1 this morning.
Great!
Old Nov 28th 2016, 7:16 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If the plan is to move back to the UK without a job or family support to go to then you should be aware that you won't be eligible for most benefits for at least three months and even when you do become eligible they are quite pitiful regardless of what the tabloids may have you believe. Do you have any family you could stay with in the UK?

You'll need to get the father's separate consent to remove your son from the US even if he's given permission for you to register your son as a British citizen.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 6:35 am
Just Joined

Yes, I am aware that is why I'm putting down 6 months of rent plus deposit. My father was born 01/07/1935 so the majority of my family have passed away. My father was my only family really, I didn't have too much to do with the other side. However I'm going to around a lot of friends which Are more like family which are helping me out anyway they can.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 6:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If the plan is to move back to the UK without a job or family support to go to then you should be aware that you won't be eligible for most benefits for at least three months and even when you do become eligible they are quite pitiful regardless of what the tabloids may have you believe. Do you have any family you could stay with in the UK?

You'll need to get the father's separate consent to remove your son from the US even if he's given permission for you to register your son as a British citizen.
What do you mean by separate consent? I believe applying to jobseekers is my main benefit that i am talking about since they would help me get a job
Old Nov 30th 2016, 1:22 pm

What do you mean by separate consent? ....
You need your son's father's explicit approval (or a court order) to remove your son from the US; his signature on the passport application does not achieve that. .... My congratulations above were premature.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
You need your son's father's explicit approval (or a court order) to remove your son from the US; his signature on the passport application does not achieve that. .... My congratulations above were premature.
Not to worry I'll get that done also.