Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

bringing back a dog that could be designated a pit bull?

bringing back a dog that could be designated a pit bull?

Old Jul 30th 2014, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bringing back a dog that could be designated a pit bull?

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Are all Staffies banned then, because in the UK a Staffordshire bull terrier is a perfectly acceptable breed to own, but an American Stafford is a banned breed, there is a world of difference, certainly in size. When we lived in Spaain the family that moved in next door had American Staffies, and we had to complain about them as they were continualy jumping over the wall into our garden and into other neighbours gardens. The dogs appeared friendly enough but.... The committee of the urbanisation had many complaints, and they did cjheck that the dogs were licensed, but they did make them cimit their freedom in their own garden to stop them getting out, and they were told that they must be muzzled at all time when outside their property, they were also wrned that if they didn't fall in with the rules set they would have to move out. Complaints came from at least 10 families. The tiem we complained was one night, I went up to our outside terrace to find their dog on our terrace, it had jumped a 5ft wall to get there. Fortunately it was me who went up, if it had been my wife I just don't know what would have happened, it's no fun being confronted by a very large dog when you aren't expecting it.
Yes Mike, The English Staffie is also banned in Ontario which just goes to show you that they know nothing about the breed! It is just unfortunate that it has the wording "bull" in it!
Old Jul 31st 2014, 12:41 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bringing back a dog that could be designated a pit bull?

Originally Posted by feelbritish
Yes Mike, The English Staffie is also banned in Ontario which just goes to show you that they know nothing about the breed! It is just unfortunate that it has the wording "bull" in it!
Typical, mindless government twaddle. Where would they be without their pigeon holes.