Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Cat AUS-UK Anyone use All Creatures?

Cat AUS-UK Anyone use All Creatures?

Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cat AUS-UK Anyone use All Creatures?

Hi,

we are planning to take our cat with us to UK.
I have had a fair few quotes and All Creatures (also trading as OzPets) came out reasonably, but I have not heard of anyone using them.

Has anyone out there used/heard of this company? I just want our little kitty to get to UK safely, and happily (well as happily as 24 hours in a plane will allow)
Old Jun 29th 2010, 10:05 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cat AUS-UK Anyone use All Creatures?

they will use Australian Air Express as they are just an agent. May I suggest that you get a quote from them and sort out your own (minimal) paperwork. You drop the pet off at the airport and you or a friend/relative pick her/him up at the animal reception at the other end! Too easy! There's no quarantine so you get to bring your cat home right away!
The best thing is that you will probably save some money as well as being in control of your pet at both ends!
Old Jun 29th 2010, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pomster
Hi,

we are planning to take our cat with us to UK.
I have had a fair few quotes and All Creatures (also trading as OzPets) came out reasonably, but I have not heard of anyone using them.

Has anyone out there used/heard of this company? I just want our little kitty to get to UK safely, and happily (well as happily as 24 hours in a plane will allow)
Sorry not heard of them but then again we lived in Perth....we used our local kennel's and they use BA....did not pay any extra to meet our small dog at Manchester Airport....the final cost came in at $2800 with our Kennels doing all the paperwork...although our pet had been covered for rabbies for a couple of years.....maybe try phoning (old fashioned I know) but that is what I did...I got the yellow pages and just phoned around all those that advertised shipping pets and compaired prices and services....it was only then that I realised the kennels we used to bored our dog when we were abroad shipped pets overseas.....good luck
Old Jun 30th 2010, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

We can't do the drop off ourselves as the cat will be lodging with a friend for a month (til the 6 month period is up). This is so she can come home with us as soon as she lands. She would not be happy in a cattery. Spoilt puss.

Our friends are already doing a fair bit for us (including delaying their hol) so it might stretch friendship a bit much to get them to do this too.

Thanks for all the comments though- much appreciated!
Old Jun 30th 2010, 8:45 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, yes it's always difficult to ask friends to take on the responsibility.... Hope you get it sorted for her. When are you on your way back btw?
Old Jun 30th 2010, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

we are heading back in 3 weeks- all work related.

I feel quite sad at going but know it is only for 2 ish years.
Still we can't leave our furry relative behind- our daughter would be devastated!
Old Jul 1st 2010, 8:44 am
Ping pong PoM

We're in the same, work related, situation. OH has been offered a great job in the UK, strangely with the same company that he left to come to Oz!

He's in two minds, but I have to admit I think that he'd be nuts not to take it!
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

My cats are going out to Australia next week. But just incase something goes horribly wrong, I organised their rabies vaccinations and blood tests a while ago.

This morning I was supposed to go down to the vet to get a pet passport, but one of the little devils has gone into hiding and I have missed my appointment and am not going to be able to get him in.

So .... am I correct in thinking I don't actually need a pet passport before I go. And so long as I keep their rabies jabs up to date when we get to Australia they could come back whenever without needing to do quarantine in the UK?

I know it sounds a bit negative worrying about this a few days before we go out but I prefer to be prepared for the unexpected!..

Thanks
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

I am not sure about Oz requirements- our cat is born and bred Aussie cat.

I *think* if you come from a rabies free country they just spend 30 days in quarantine (Spotswood is the Melbourne one).

But I am sure the AQIS website should tell you more.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 11:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pomster
I am not sure about Oz requirements- our cat is born and bred Aussie cat.

I *think* if you come from a rabies free country they just spend 30 days in quarantine (Spotswood is the Melbourne one).

But I am sure the AQIS website should tell you more.
Mmm yes I know what we need to do on way out to Australia from UK. Well I hope so seeing as though they are going next week.

I was considering the scenario should we return to the UK. And I wondered if we would need to organise a pet passport before we even went out to Australia or would this be something we could easily organise over there for coming back ... should the need arise.
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 7:31 am
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

We'll be taking our 3 cats back with us.
They've had their rabies jabs, and on Monday have blood tests, then you wait 6 months before you can take them to the UK with no quarantine.
If you take them before the 6 months you will have to leave them in UK quaratine.
Crazy rules I reckon as both countries are rabies free.
As long as you can prove the animal has had it's jab and blood tests and it's all clear , why the wait ?
It's not cheap either.
Jabs were $430 ( this included a health check which is also compulosry, check papers to ensure the animal is desexed and chipped )
Blood tests are $ just under $ 900 ...that's for all 3 cats BTW.
Looking at about $1000 each cat to get back to the UK with paperwork before travel, crate and airfare.

Like other s have said, you just can't leave them, all ours we're rescue cats and thought of them being abondoned again.....
Old Aug 24th 2010, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

wingandapray is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alipally
they will use Australian Air Express as they are just an agent. May I suggest that you get a quote from them and sort out your own (minimal) paperwork. You drop the pet off at the airport and you or a friend/relative pick her/him up at the animal reception at the other end! Too easy! There's no quarantine so you get to bring your cat home right away!
The best thing is that you will probably save some money as well as being in control of your pet at both ends!
Could u tell me EXACTLY what u have to do-who do I contact in Australia as we are already back in the UK but awaiting the 6 month thingy
cheers
Old Aug 24th 2010, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rugbymad
We'll be taking our 3 cats back with us.
They've had their rabies jabs, and on Monday have blood tests, then you wait 6 months before you can take them to the UK with no quarantine.
If you take them before the 6 months you will have to leave them in UK quaratine.
Crazy rules I reckon as both countries are rabies free.
As long as you can prove the animal has had it's jab and blood tests and it's all clear , why the wait ?
It's not cheap either.
Jabs were $430 ( this included a health check which is also compulosry, check papers to ensure the animal is desexed and chipped )
Blood tests are $ just under $ 900 ...that's for all 3 cats BTW.
Looking at about $1000 each cat to get back to the UK with paperwork before travel, crate and airfare.

Like other s have said, you just can't leave them, all ours we're rescue cats and thought of them being abondoned again.....
"Looking at about $1000 each cat"-who is this with?? Can we transport with them from Melbourne? cheers
Old Aug 24th 2010, 10:56 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

We went ot our local vet who has an AQIS registered vet and was able to do the jabs / tests etc.
We then asked for their advise regarding transport back to the UK.
We're we put in touch with a lady up this way who will look after our 3 cats should we need her to before we go.
Our cats can fly in early January, we're hoping to be back in the UK well before then so have stayed in touch with the Lady and all's good.
My advise is get speak to your vet, get some names / numbers and then go see the person and the place where your animals arebeing kept while you wait for them to fly out...it's what we did and it puts your mind at rest.
Hope this helps ?

Ian
Old Aug 25th 2010, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rugbymad
Hi,

We went ot our local vet who has an AQIS registered vet and was able to do the jabs / tests etc.
We then asked for their advise regarding transport back to the UK.
We're we put in touch with a lady up this way who will look after our 3 cats should we need her to before we go.
Our cats can fly in early January, we're hoping to be back in the UK well before then so have stayed in touch with the Lady and all's good.
My advise is get speak to your vet, get some names / numbers and then go see the person and the place where your animals arebeing kept while you wait for them to fly out...it's what we did and it puts your mind at rest.
Hope this helps ?

Ian
Ian
I just wondered who the cat will fly with?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.