Betty Boomerangs Back!!

Old Jun 28th 2013, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

kampaicharger will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Betty Boomerangs Back!!

Crikee Miss Betty, it's real beaut and bonzer t'hear from a fellow aussie..

And goodonyer for making mates with the poms...

Strewth a coupla years and you will be a local too...

oooroo

John from Oz
Old Jun 29th 2013, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

brightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to all

Miss B,

in an English pub, surrounded by six hunky & funny men......sounds like one of your dreams when you were "back there"

are you gonna do freelance stuff like repatriating ill UK citizens? I only ask because a fellow co worker nurse of mine just had the misfortune to have an elderly parent get sick abroad and bought back with a medic. My friend said the firm handling it was brilliant from start to finish (and patient is now recovering well). The medic said they loved their job. I could get the name of the company if your interested..

I have fire and resus annual updates next month.... and all I can picture is your skippy scenario !!

Good to read your updates....your getting your mojo back....you didn't let the barstewards get you down.

now if you have any good tips for dealing with ozzie medical personnel with chips on their shoulders, snarly personality of a vampire forced to work in daylight and a god complex the size of the NHS deficit..........I work with one now and again and could do with a good shoot him down line or two

BB
Old Jun 29th 2013, 9:41 am

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear you're doing so well! I arrived home on Tuesday and had my first really good nights sleep in weeks last night
Old Jun 29th 2013, 6:43 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snap Shot
Excellent update Miss B. (still smiling at your, 'Betty's Bar', story from a few months ago !) It really warmed the cockles of my heart - that's not a medical condition as you probably know.

I'm really glad it's so good for you. Your medical course sounds like a scream. Um, I mean great professional development opportunity of course.

Good luck for your future prospects.
Cheers me dear! Yes the course was great, I did learn a lot but it was just so nice laughing my **** off everyday - I'd forgotten what it was like to really laugh!

Originally Posted by morayeel
so happy for you. Glad things are going well. Thanks for the update.
Thanks very much, I'm really enjoying being home and belonging again!

Originally Posted by chris955
Im so glad it has all worked out for you, I find myself agreeing with everything you have said especially about the people. We are in a small village and everyone is so friendly and helpful and genuine, that seems to be the biggest difference that the people seem truly genuine.
It is so nice to hear people giving a REAL insight into life here. I am on another forum that seems to currently be taken over by a comedy duo obsessed with spreading misinformation about this country, sad but there you go.
Enjoy life in what is a truly wonderful country.
Thanks Chris! I'm getting a bit of flack from people who think I'm being too positive and cheerful but truly it saddens me when people slag off the UK here on a daily basis. I AM genuinely happy you know? I don't miss Oz at all although I miss my mates and I'd probably go back for a holiday one day but thats about all. People are so so nice here, I've only really had one negative experience but I just laughed it off!!!

Originally Posted by quoll
Sounds like you have got back into the swing of things really quickly! Like Chris, I can but only agree with your experiences of the friendliness and acceptance of the locals - that's been my experience back in UK too! All the best for the last exam and the new Freelance venture (I never knew there was such a thing!). Isn't it amusing when they take you for an Aussie though - I get that all the time!
Yes everyone thinks I'm an Aussie, its quite funny but then everyone always did before! I have such a hard time trying to explain it to people but now I just call myself a half an half lol!!!

Originally Posted by kampaicharger
Crikee Miss Betty, it's real beaut and bonzer t'hear from a fellow aussie..

And goodonyer for making mates with the poms...

Strewth a coupla years and you will be a local too...

oooroo

John from Oz
Strewth mate, ya wouldn't read about it would ya?!!!

Originally Posted by brightonbelle
Miss B,

in an English pub, surrounded by six hunky & funny men......sounds like one of your dreams when you were "back there"

are you gonna do freelance stuff like repatriating ill UK citizens? I only ask because a fellow co worker nurse of mine just had the misfortune to have an elderly parent get sick abroad and bought back with a medic. My friend said the firm handling it was brilliant from start to finish (and patient is now recovering well). The medic said they loved their job. I could get the name of the company if your interested..

I have fire and resus annual updates next month.... and all I can picture is your skippy scenario !!

Good to read your updates....your getting your mojo back....you didn't let the barstewards get you down.

now if you have any good tips for dealing with ozzie medical personnel with chips on their shoulders, snarly personality of a vampire forced to work in daylight and a god complex the size of the NHS deficit..........I work with one now and again and could do with a good shoot him down line or two

BB
Honestly I wish I did cos you sound so nice but I found wherever I worked in Oz that the nurses were generally just rude, bitchy and horrible - oh apart from one country town when I made friends with them and helped them out a lot cos I had time on my hands - eventually won them over ha ha!!! Ooh yes if you do have the name of that company that would be great, I'm just putting out CV's and making phone calls atm. Have fun with your resus training and have a wee chuckle for me!!!
Old Jun 29th 2013, 6:46 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
Great to hear you're doing so well! I arrived home on Tuesday and had my first really good nights sleep in weeks last night
Wow that's fab - how did I miss that one??!! Welcome home x
Old Jun 29th 2013, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Miss B,

So glad things are going well!! Love the updates, keep them coming!
Old Jun 29th 2013, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

brightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to all

Honestly I wish I did cos you sound so nice ............... Ooh yes if you do have the name of that company that would be great, I'm just putting out CV's and making phone calls atm. Have fun with your resus training and have a wee chuckle for me!!![/QUOTE]

Aw thank you I try to be nice! (but I have run out of nice juice for the ozzy vampire). To be honest he is so rude and confrontational with everyone I think a one liner put down would go over his head He even managed to irritate a surgeon the other day. Said surgeon is calm, nice, lovely and patient....and also Australian. Even he said by oz standards the guys a "rude (removed expletive)

Next shift is Tuesday when I will work with Anne so I can get details from her re the company......she used to be a ward sister so when she says she was impressed with the care it must be bloody brilliant

Hopefully I can behave myself during resus...I am after all a grown woman with a grown up daughter......ah hell who am I kidding! they can't fail me for laughing. I wonder if the skippy song equates to the 30;2 rhythm like staying alive/nelly the elephant

BB
Old Jun 29th 2013, 7:40 pm
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by NiHao
Miss B,

So glad things are going well!! Love the updates, keep them coming!
Thank you mate! I am trying to be realistic as I know its fairly warm atm, its early (sunny!) days and I'm still in the honeymoon period. I don't want to give an unrealistic picture to those people who are having a hard time deciding whether to return to the UK or not but I'm really quite content atm. My Mum and Dad get back from Europe next week, I've not seen them since I've been back so I am getting very excited now as they are coming home a week early!

The only thing that does surprise me is how much British people moan - they moan about everything and anything - quite strange really but maybe I was like that before and just didn't realise it?!! They are very kind and friendly at the same time though so its not a bit deal, kinda just makes them a little bit more endearing really!!! Still I suppose until you have lived overseas and pined for your family and all things familiar you'll always think the grass is greener on the other side!

Last edited by MissBetty; Jun 29th 2013 at 7:51 pm.
Old Jun 29th 2013, 7:44 pm
Practical Paramedic

Here you go BB - all I can offer you re CPR is this little bit of advice from Mr Vinnie Jones:-

http://youtu.be/ILxjxfB4zNk

Enjoy ha ha ha!!!!!

Last edited by MissBetty; Jun 29th 2013 at 7:51 pm.
Old Jun 29th 2013, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissBetty

The only thing that does surprise me is how much British people moan - they moan about everything and anything - quite strange really but maybe I was like that before and just didn't realise it?!! !
I really appreciate the updates. Its natural for there to be that initial honeymoon period but so far it does seem to bode well for being a good decision. I think its very telling that you and others have spoken of feeling like you are more "yourself". Also I loved that you have been really laughing, I loved that about the UK, the laughing till it hurts, I haven't done that much here.

The moaning thing is so interesting because like you I don't remember everyone moaning but I know there must be truth to it because so many returnees notice it. Maybe Brits feel its a bit "showy/boastful" to be too upbeat, so feel the need to balance the good stuff out by pointing out whats wrong

The weather is another thing I'm trying to be realistic about, it didn't seem to bother me much when I lived there although I do remember it being annoying that it was hard to plan out door activities as you could never rely on it not raining. Here it rains of course but really most of the summer you can plan a BBQ and be fairly sure it will be sunny, probably horribly humid too but sunny!

Look forward to hearing more about your adventures. Happy you will be seeing your parents soon!!
Old Jun 30th 2013, 6:08 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear things are going so well for you. I've found people equally friendly and helpful, and the honeymoon period hasn't worn off at all 15 months in. In fact, I feel happier and more settled every day.

I feel for you on the moaning - people don't even seem to realize they're doing it, and I know we sometimes irritate them by being so damn positive all the time, but screw it. They'll just have to put up with it

Still, in a way I enjoy the moaning because it makes me even more aware of just how content I am.

Keep the updates coming - love them!

Last edited by sallysimmons; Jun 30th 2013 at 6:16 pm.
Old Jun 30th 2013, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Thank you mate! I am trying to be realistic as I know its fairly warm atm, its early (sunny!) days and I'm still in the honeymoon period. I don't want to give an unrealistic picture to those people who are having a hard time deciding whether to return to the UK or not but I'm really quite content atm. My Mum and Dad get back from Europe next week, I've not seen them since I've been back so I am getting very excited now as they are coming home a week early!

The only thing that does surprise me is how much British people moan - they moan about everything and anything - quite strange really but maybe I was like that before and just didn't realise it?!! They are very kind and friendly at the same time though so its not a bit deal, kinda just makes them a little bit more endearing really!!! Still I suppose until you have lived overseas and pined for your family and all things familiar you'll always think the grass is greener on the other side!

Ha ha ha!!!! This is so true, though!!!

Every evening I talk to my SO and of course we ask about each other's weather. He complains if it is hot, he complains if it is cold, he complains if it rains!! And I have to laugh each and every time! Poor man looks so confused on Skype when I laugh
Old Jul 1st 2013, 8:22 am
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Great to hear things are going so well for you. I've found people equally friendly and helpful, and the honeymoon period hasn't worn off at all 15 months in. In fact, I feel happier and more settled every day.

I feel for you on the moaning - people don't even seem to realize they're doing it, and I know we sometimes irritate them by being so damn positive all the time, but screw it. They'll just have to put up with it

Still, in a way I enjoy the moaning because it makes me even more aware of just how content I am.

Keep the updates coming - love them!
Thanks Sally, I try to keep my updates coming as I know how much I loved reading other peoples when I was away, feeling miserable and desperate to come home! People on BE were so kind and supportive it keep me going through many a dark day so I'm trying to return the favour.

Yes so funny re the moaning really, I get comments constantly on how irritatingly cheerful I am which just makes me roar with laughter! Its all very tongue in cheek though and, like you say, makes me realise just how lucky I am to wake up everyday, hear the seagulls, walk along the seafront into town and take pleasure in the little things most people take for granted here everyday!

I'm just sitting here at my little table in the window typing away and sipping a cup of tea - of course! The flat is bathed in sunshine and I'm watching everyone going about their daily business down below in the High Street - blissfully unaware of my snooping lol!!! Marvelous!
Old Jul 1st 2013, 8:39 am
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by windsong
Ha ha ha!!!! This is so true, though!!!

Every evening I talk to my SO and of course we ask about each other's weather. He complains if it is hot, he complains if it is cold, he complains if it rains!! And I have to laugh each and every time! Poor man looks so confused on Skype when I laugh
Yesterday it was lovely and sunny so I walked into town to Morrisons with my backpack to get some food for the week. I bumped into my neighbour for the first time since I've been back, she was so happy to see me and gave me a big hug and said we must go for a bike ride next week which I said I would love. She's very a eccentric older lady but great fun and has some amazing stories to tell lol! The next thing she said was about how the weather was starting to turn already (it was 1200!) and what a disappointment it was ha ha ha!!!! It was so warm I had to take my sweatshirt off halfway there as I was boiling hot!!!!!

Anyways on the subject of shopping I'm very impressed with quality and price of food here. Yesterday I bought some prawns, chicken, eggs, salmon, avocados, strawberries, milk, cereal, yoghurt, stir fry mix (£1!), salad mix (again £1!), stir fry sauce, mushrooms and a mediterranean fresh vegetable mix. I have enough food for the week now and it all came to £30 and that included sneaking in some chocolate and a cheeky bottle of rose (on special £5!) I thought that was pretty good as I always buy free range eggs, organic milk and free range meat so not always the cheapest option but definitely the kindest if you're going to eat meat.

I eat really well here and I've definitely noticed an improvement in my skin and my waistline!
Old Jul 1st 2013, 8:52 am
Practical Paramedic

Attachment 112903

Attachment 112904

Attachment 112902

Ok not sure if this will work but here are two pics I took in the Old Town on Saturday evening, the second one is the lovely pub (The Crown Inn) I stayed in when I was away in the West Country! The 'Jenny Lind' is my local and the church is just round the corner from me and its the road where they film 'Foyle's War'!

Last edited by MissBetty; Jul 1st 2013 at 8:55 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.