Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Any good number for HMRC regarding voluntary NICs?

Any good number for HMRC regarding voluntary NICs?

Old Mar 8th 2013, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

McBadger is on a distinguished road
Default Any good number for HMRC regarding voluntary NICs?

I sent them a nice letter and my completed CF83 to pay class 2 voluntary NICs back in Nov 2012, but haven't heard anything since then.

This interaction obviously connected me in the HMRC systems as I since received a demand for a fine for not filing taxes (which they know acknowledge was their mistake), and a tax refund for 2006-2007 !

I tried calling the International Caseworker number:
+44 191 203 7010

But that says it's not connected yet?

I also found:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/419...-overseas.html
+44 1912253540

But no response either.

Any good way to contact them? I'm asking because I note I had six years to pay arrears, but since I moved in late 2007, that time is going to expire soon.

thanks!

A.
Old Mar 8th 2013, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any good number for HMRC regarding voluntary NICs?

Originally Posted by McBadger
I sent them a nice letter and my completed CF83 to pay class 2 voluntary NICs back in Nov 2012, but haven't heard anything since then.

This interaction obviously connected me in the HMRC systems as I since received a demand for a fine for not filing taxes (which they know acknowledge was their mistake), and a tax refund for 2006-2007 !

I tried calling the International Caseworker number:
+44 191 203 7010

But that says it's not connected yet?

I also found:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/419...-overseas.html
+44 1912253540

But no response either.

Any good way to contact them? I'm asking because I note I had six years to pay arrears, but since I moved in late 2007, that time is going to expire soon.

thanks!

A.
I contact International Caseworker on:

44 191 225 0735 (tel)

Note that HMRC deal with items in batches with cut-off dates - stuff received by the end of Feb has to be dealt with by the end of March or something like that. They also take their merry time overall to deal with things.

They will have logged your correspondence so there is little risk that you will roll over into the new tax year and lose a year but you still need to contact them in case there is a problem that you can deal with to expedite things.

Sometimes they have, per their records, responded, but I have not for some strange reason received that response and they then say they will resend and it arrives eventually, here in snail-mail world.

Typically, I send correspondence to them by fax and then give them a few days before calling to check that they do indeed have the stuff and have put in on my file.

Always have your National Insurance Number to hand.

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Mar 8th 2013 at 5:44 pm. Reason: overall
Old Mar 15th 2013, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

McBadger is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any good number for HMRC regarding voluntary NICs?

Thanks, finally got hold of someone via that number (after found it engaged a few times).

Seemingly they emailed me a response back in Jan.. but they explained it all over the 'phone to me.

cheers,