Australia to uk move

Old Mar 15th 2015, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

katdan28 is just really nicekatdan28 is just really nicekatdan28 is just really nicekatdan28 is just really nicekatdan28 is just really nicekatdan28 is just really nicekatdan28 is just really nicekatdan28 is just really nice
Default Australia to uk move

Hi all.

Just wondering if anyone has or plans to move back to the UK from Oz? We have been here nearly 4 years and love it but now we have a child and another on the way we feel torn between our life here and moving to be near family. We are concerned we take the plunge and move but struggle to settle back into that lifestyle but also think it's important our children see family. Has anyone else had this dilemma?! Those who have moved how did you find settling in?I've heard many stories of people moving back but then returning to Oz! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old Mar 16th 2015, 6:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia to uk move

If you love Australia you may struggle. Remember that you can never go "back" to what you had - it's going to be a move forward so think of it as such and don't expect to slot back into other peoples' lives - the hole left by your departure will have healed over with scar tissue! You will have to work at being one of the gang again.

Personally, moving back to the UK has been the best thing since sliced bread for me, I love it - the people, the weather, the countryside, the history, the variety, everything but it was a very long time since I loved Australia - I wouldn't be unhappy if you said I could never go back there. I regret that our sons were raised away from extended family and they've independently said that they regret it too now they're adults.

There will be days when things don't go right for you in UK and you will compare the bad of the now with the good of the then in Aus - the "now" is always going to come off second best but you're making your decision with the best information you have today so go with it! Get citizenship before you leave and you aren't slamming any doors shut behind you! Good Luck and Enjoy!
Old Mar 16th 2015, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

Cilllah is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't moved yet but we are making preparations to move back in two years. I'm the opposite though as all of my family is here and I will be taking my young family away from them. I don't want to hang around in a country I dislike when I can be living somewhere I love. I have to live for me.

Husbands family isn't close like mine but his mum is getting older and sick and might not even have five years in her. We haven't seen her for 3 years. 4 for me so we want to spend some time with her.

I can say that I slotted straight back into Aussie life with my friends. Also my husband keeps in daily contact with his UK friends and they are always asking him when he's visiting. So you can slot right back in if you've maintained the friendship!
Old Mar 17th 2015, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Its really important that you as a family are happy where you are no matter where that is if it came down to it, if I loved where I lived and my family did then I would not move I would just save up and visit whenever I could afford to and hopefully visa versa, it would be the icing on the cake if you could have all you wanted (having extended family near you) but you don't but you still love your life...sounds like your "doing" very well in life. All the best which ever way you choose.