Appreciating Britain.

Old Sep 1st 2012, 8:05 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Appreciating Britain.

Its bizarre isnt it ? I am loving being here, my wife is loving being here and even my Brisbane born and bred kids love it. For some reason that seems to irk a few people which seems very sad.
The kids are REALLY looking forward to this Christmas.

Originally Posted by brissybee
To be fair, Chris has a far greater chance of enjoying the type of Christmas you describe in the UK than he would have had back in Australia.

He's enjoying life in the UK and he doesn't suffer from the cold. What's wrong with that?
Old Sep 1st 2012, 8:09 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Its water off a ducks back now to be honest, it is definitely more of a reflection on them than me.

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
The fact that Chris's happiness is attracting so many nasty comments is something I just don't understand. But then there's nothing so queer as folk!
Old Sep 1st 2012, 8:18 pm
Banned

I have been ignoring your nonsense but this is absurd. 3 very dangerous streets in our village, that is just laughable June this year there was 1, yes 1 crime. In May there was...wait for it ZERO crimes, in April there was a crime spree....3 crimes. In March there were 2. Im not sure what you have been smoking

Originally Posted by Bud the Wiser
For example, he didn't let everyone know that in the small village where he lives the police once described three of the streets as being 'very dangerous' in relation to crime. Only a dozen streets in the village.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 8:39 pm
Banned

I was the same when I came over on my reccie trip 2 years ago to see if things were as bad as the Aussies were telling us As it turned out they werent but anyway i would programme a place into the GPS and it would take me all along these wonderful little lanes and through villages I hadnt even heard of, it was a big part of making my mind up about moving back.

Originally Posted by feelbritish
Getting back to the best part of Appreciating Britain, when we were on holiday we bought a gps and usually put in the shortest route to a place only to find, it was not the shortest timewise (like the motorways) but the shortest going as the crow flies and that involved going through wonderful small villages and farm tracks that only take 1 car with passing places. My OH who spent 50 years in the area we were visiting said that he was going down roads and seeing villages he had never seen before in his life. It was so magic and gave us a different appreciation of England.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 8:50 pm
Banned

Some people are negative, it is just the way they are wired. I am a very positive person, it is the way I am wired.
I wont apologise for the fact that we have fallen on our feet, we have a beautiful house in a friendly safe village and it would be hard to imagine life could be very much better. At the same time I wouldnt say everyone coming back would be in the same position as us, that would be ludicrous and to be honest you would have to be a bit simple to assume that would be the case.
Should I add a disclaimer after every nice positive comment about our lives that this wont necessarily apply to everyone moving back to the UK as each individuals circumstances are different ?
People want to hear good things about the country they are moving to, that doesnt mean they shouldnt hear the bad stuff as well and if and when the bad stuff happens I will report on that too

Originally Posted by Homeiswheretheheartis
I've just come back on to the site after decided to have a break, because the negative comments from Bubwiser and others had changed the feel of this area.

I don't expect the site to only say positive things all the time, but Bubswiser especially appears to just say the opposite of Chris all the time.

Can I ask Bub, where do you live, have you lived there very long, are you happy, do you have any intention of moving and why do you seem to be so negative about EVERYTHING

When I first came on the thread it was because I felt really alone, the chat on here was happy, people helping others and encouraging.

Yes I will say Bubwiser you have played a part in changing the tone of the threads you comment on and don't understand why you have to always put on negative comments.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
I have been ignoring your nonsense but this is absurd. 3 very dangerous streets in our village, that is just laughable June this year there was 1, yes 1 crime. In May there was...wait for it ZERO crimes, in April there was a crime spree....3 crimes. In March there were 2. Im not sure what you have been smoking
I think some people might be a tad envious and this is how they manifest that. The majority of people here are thrilled you're doing well. Just don't hide the negatives, we need a 'warts and all' commentary.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 9:38 pm
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
The fact that Chris's happiness is attracting so many nasty comments is something I just don't understand. But then there's nothing so queer as folk!
Speaking for myself I'm really just sparring with Chris and I think he knows it. In general I think he gets the attention because he has been quite negative about Australia.

For the record Chris I'm sincerely glad you have found happiness in the UK!! It's a good country and as a family we think we might well live there again, albeit temporarily (but I expect the sparring will continue from both of us ha ha)

Last edited by Zen10; Sep 1st 2012 at 9:41 pm.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

I am pleased to hear Chris that you and a lot others are doing so well and sad to hear some others are not. I value reading all the posts and there are those people who are struggling but quite a few who are extremely happy and they bubble over with it You must be daft to think that their life will be like your new life. For everyone it is different. I have noticed in quite a few forums, there are people who continue to jibe certain posters and must wonder if they would rather hear negative posts because it then justifies the decisions they made. We are retiring and should be comfortable, not wealthy. I would definitely think twice if we were returning to work because then I would rather stay where I am!
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Its bizarre isnt it ? I am loving being here, my wife is loving being here and even my Brisbane born and bred kids love it. For some reason that seems to irk a few people which seems very sad.
The kids are REALLY looking forward to this Christmas.
Try and visit some of the Christmas Markets if you can (if you have not already done so in the past), we went to the Birmingham German Markets in our first year back home and stayed for 2 nights, we had the coldest winter on record lol but it was just lovely after years of very hot Christmases. This year we are either planning York, Lincoln or Bath Christmas markets.
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 11:05 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
Try and visit some of the Christmas Markets if you can (if you have not already done so in the past), we went to the Birmingham German Markets in our first year back home and stayed for 2 nights, we had the coldest winter on record lol but it was just lovely after years of very hot Christmases. This year we are either planning York, Lincoln or Bath Christmas markets.
Lincoln Christmas market is brilliant, all the stalls set out round the Cathedral and in the Castle grounds, there is also a food market, plenty of things to do and see, and always choirs and bands playing. It was the first German style Christmas held in the UK, and the others have joined in since.
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 12:14 pm
Banned

Thanks, I look forward to trying these markets come Christmas time. Of course it will be far too cold to actually enjoy them....apparently
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 10:12 pm
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I look forward to trying these markets come Christmas time. Of course it will be far too cold to actually enjoy them....apparently
You'll be OK. I'm posting you a pair of Bugs Bunny mittens.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 6:49 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zen10
You'll be OK. I'm posting you a pair of Bugs Bunny mittens.
Usually so many people there that it creates it's own microclimate, probably several degrees warmer than the surrounding area..
Old Sep 6th 2012, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Homeiswheretheheartis

Can I ask Bub, where do you live, have you lived there very long, are you happy, do you have any intention of moving and why do you seem to be so negative about EVERYTHING
USA
Yes
Not every day.
Yes

Please see title of this thread and who the OP was.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

Apologises, should have read 'most' dangerous, not 'very' dangerous.

http://www.crime-statistics.co.uk/po...A/January/2011

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.