Anyone near Chichester?

Old Oct 10th 2016, 2:26 am
Will work for shoes.....

wonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone near Chichester?

So, looking into a possible move next year, as Mr WW, has a job offer on the table in the Chichester area. Off for a visit in a few weeks, and keen to check out Chi and the surrounding areas, any thoughts on traffic and resonable commute ( within 30 minutes) what out lying community's might fit that criteria? Or if traffic there is as bad as people keep telling me lol!
Old Oct 14th 2016, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

TexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone near Chichester?

In rush hour getting from one side of Chichester to the other (never mind out lying commu nities!) is going to exceed 30 minutes. Traffic is pretty dire all around there.
However it is a lovely place to live - there's Bognor Regis, Sidlesham, Selsey, Littlehampton - all seaside resorts within 30 minutes (outside of rush hour traffic). House prices are very high in the whole area.
If we could afford the houses (after our 15 years in the USA) I would be back in the area ( I was brought up there) but we'd get a bus shelter there for what we paid for our semi in Milton Keynes!
Old Oct 14th 2016, 1:46 pm
Will work for shoes.....

wonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TexasPenguin
In rush hour getting from one side of Chichester to the other (never mind out lying commu nities!) is going to exceed 30 minutes. Traffic is pretty dire all around there.
However it is a lovely place to live - there's Bognor Regis, Sidlesham, Selsey, Littlehampton - all seaside resorts within 30 minutes (outside of rush hour traffic). House prices are very high in the whole area.
If we could afford the houses (after our 15 years in the USA) I would be back in the area ( I was brought up there) but we'd get a bus shelter there for what we paid for our semi in Milton Keynes!
Lol, I hear you about bus shelters, and some of the other communities are appealing, purely on the price tag! Guess Mr WW, isn't getting rid of his lengthy commute times!! I'm always wary though, when property is cheaper, there's usually a reason( I'm trying really hard not to listen to horror stories, about different areas, and actually go visit them!) well guess I'll be pulling on my big girl panties, and heading out in the rush hours *shudder* although checking out the bus and train services for the mini non driver in the family, could be just as interesting 😱😀
Old Oct 29th 2016, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

TopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond repute

Chichester is a nightmare in rush hour, the ring road is jammed. There are pretty firm plans I think within the next few years to do some major works on it so it is going to be a mess.

You really need to work out which side of Chichester you/spouse will be working and live that side of it?

I live not far away so fire any questions you want
Old Oct 29th 2016, 2:35 pm
Will work for shoes.....

Originally Posted by TopSec
Chichester is a nightmare in rush hour, the ring road is jammed. There are pretty firm plans I think within the next few years to do some major works on it so it is going to be a mess.

You really need to work out which side of Chichester you/spouse will be working and live that side of it?

I live not far away so fire any questions you want
Perfect! Thank you.
I'd kinda came to the same conclusion, although I see trips in the traffic for schooling, as obviously the work and school are not on the same side lol.......planning to check out all the out lying places next week, we don't mind a commute for work, any areas that spring to mind as ' avoid like the plague '? 😀
Old Oct 29th 2016, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

TopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond repute

Depends what you want and what your budget is! Same old, same old

Pretty much any of the villages to the North/West/East would be good as there is always more than one way into Chi. The places below; Witterings etc, whilst close to the sea and great from that point of view, there is usually only one way in and out by car so traffic builds up all the time and summer is bad when the tourists arrive. Cant advise on Chichester itself as I don't know it well enough. Not sure how far out you are going but avoid Havant or Bognor
Old Oct 31st 2016, 7:36 pm
Will work for shoes.....

Originally Posted by TopSec
Depends what you want and what your budget is! Same old, same old

Pretty much any of the villages to the North/West/East would be good as there is always more than one way into Chi. The places below; Witterings etc, whilst close to the sea and great from that point of view, there is usually only one way in and out by car so traffic builds up all the time and summer is bad when the tourists arrive. Cant advise on Chichester itself as I don't know it well enough. Not sure how far out you are going but avoid Havant or Bognor
Thank you
Just out of interest, what are the issues with Bognor? In your opinion?
Old Nov 18th 2016, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry for delay in replying

My opinion of Bognor, obviously a personal one, is that it is downmarket. Only been a couple of times when hubby had a business meeting there, I thought I would pop into town whilst I waited for him. It was pretty awful, full of awful shops; Poundland and similar. It seemed to be full of people hanging around and smoking. I have read that there has been an influx of Eastern Europeans to the town, I guess that's similar to a lot of towns and perhaps they are the only people that will do the work around there as the other are in the town centre smoking

I realise that this sounds rather snobbish but it's my view as I see it

Some of the villages around there are nice though!
Old Nov 26th 2016, 1:02 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

Emsworth very pretty and not far from Chichester. I work there and commute in .
Old Dec 18th 2016, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

chi tea is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wonderwoman
So, looking into a possible move next year, as Mr WW, has a job offer on the table in the Chichester area. Off for a visit in a few weeks, and keen to check out Chi and the surrounding areas, any thoughts on traffic and resonable commute ( within 30 minutes) what out lying community's might fit that criteria? Or if traffic there is as bad as people keep telling me lol!
I moved back here last year from Calgary Canada. It is an easy place to live in (we are renting though)
In rush hour traffic can take a while but there are alternate routes to take and apart from those times it is very easy to get around. A nice looking town centre with low crime and decent people, surrounded by countryside, good schools and easy access to motorway. There is a cinema and bowling Alley but it would be nice if there were more things to do. The local council can be quite stuffy.
Old Dec 19th 2016, 6:44 pm
Will work for shoes.....

Originally Posted by chi tea
I moved back here last year from Calgary Canada. It is an easy place to live in (we are renting though)
In rush hour traffic can take a while but there are alternate routes to take and apart from those times it is very easy to get around. A nice looking town centre with low crime and decent people, surrounded by countryside, good schools and easy access to motorway. There is a cinema and bowling Alley but it would be nice if there were more things to do. The local council can be quite stuffy.
Thank you, this was kinda the impression I got when busting in November! I really like Chichester, and what it has to offer as a package. ( weather last week in Calgary, averaging -25, with wind chill in the -30's.....bet you don't miss that lol)
Old Dec 21st 2016, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

chi tea is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wonderwoman
Thank you, this was kinda the impression I got when busting in November! I really like Chichester, and what it has to offer as a package. ( weather last week in Calgary, averaging -25, with wind chill in the -30's.....bet you don't miss that lol)
Don't miss the cold weather one bit. Still a novelty to walk down the street without worrying about slipping on my but. Most people who live in Chi like it a lot and if you don't then there are plenty of places nearby to explore. We have done a ton of things since moving back.
Old Dec 21st 2016, 6:44 pm
Will work for shoes.....

Originally Posted by chi tea
Don't miss the cold weather one bit. Still a novelty to walk down the street without worrying about slipping on my but. Most people who live in Chi like it a lot and if you don't then there are plenty of places nearby to explore. We have done a ton of things since moving back.
There's so much to do on the south coast, and easy access to do many things via the train, I miss not having to rely on my vehicle! And not having the snot freeze in my nose 😂