any one going to london?

Old Jul 13th 2001, 6:20 pm
Ian Stilgoe

Hello everyone I am wondering if any one from this newsgroup is going to be in London
on Wednesday 18th July. I am heading down from worcester, and am trying to arrange
plans, does anyone know of any nearby bed and breakfasts or similar, i may even try
finding out train times for the journey - but will have to be very early

I have recieved packet 4 as i sent in all documents prior to approval at tsc,
however, i have not forwarded the of169 and i havn't been asked for it - i shall take
it with me regardless

I have still to receive the addidavit (i can never spell that let alone pronounce
it!) does anyone know if a faxed or scanned copy is acceptable? - i know i have to
have something, but a weeks notice for the interview has got me on the run around
screaming for bits of paper, another piece of info i need is the vaccination report
from my doctor - where the receptionists say they can't promise it will be ready for
wednesday!!! i think they will find it WILL be ready hahaha.

well here goes - i sell my home on the 27th too - so USA here i come!!! i seem to be
keeping my nerve so far, however the needle for the blood test makes me shiver -
first time for me lol

i believe i have the prices worked out now $260 for processing fee $65 for visa - (i
was sent non-immigrant visa application form of156 - and i am not sure if this is the
one? - i assume it is but cost dosn't talley to me!) and £85 for medical Please let
me know if i have missed or got incorrect info

Thankyou all for you help in our panic times

Ian (and Connie)

Old Jul 13th 2001, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

pjane1954 is an unknown quantity at this point

My fiance's interview is the day before you (17th July).
He's taking a train from Ledbury the night prior. He's booked into a hotel overnight in the area of Embassy. Want me to ask him for details?
Also, I understood that the Affadavit of Support has to be a Notarized original. Not a copy.
Someone else on this group will probably tell you with certainty.
Old Jul 14th 2001, 2:50 am
Ian Stilgoe

i would be grateful if you could let me have some details of the travel and
accomadation arrangements. now i am stuck - i don't think mail from USA to UK will
get here in time - 5days is a bit short timing! - therefore i shall not have a
notarized original Affadavit of Support. well - looks like i am on the phone to the
embassy in the morning to ask if i have to have original!!! i believe - if i get a
rfe - ie the Affadavit of Support they will ask me to fax it - then that won't be the
original either - can any one please advise

thanks for your help

Ian

pjane1954 wrote in message ...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jul 14th 2001, 4:31 am
Vicki

DHL gets it there in a day or two. I think it costs about $40. I highly recommend it,
having used it three times already.

Vicki

Ian Stilgoe wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jul 14th 2001, 5:18 am
Penny

may I ask how you were able to get an Interview with London in only 7 days? Did you
call and receive some-one else's cancelled appointment? Thanks!!