Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

5 reasons why you want to come back to the UK - Part 2

5 reasons why you want to come back to the UK - Part 2

Old Jan 8th 2007, 2:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 reasons why you want to come back to the UK - Part 2

Originally Posted by Yorkshire_Girl
I totally agree!

I only found this forum a few weeks ago and have found that most people post some wonderful information and go out of their way to be helpful. What bothers me is there seems to be a handful of people that go out of their way to be really nasty and I don't know why I have never come across these types of posts on other forums and aren't sure why it is tolerated here. I'm all into freedom of speech but not uneccessary personal attacks. It's a shame as it puts people off reading what should be a very informative forum - I know I will be reluctant to post but just thought I would point out why
Guys,
Perhaps my quoting of this from a new poster will serve to reinforce the point I and other mods keep making - cut out the abuse, stop winding each other up and if a poster winds you up, don't read their posts.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Guys,
Perhaps my quoting of this from a new poster will serve to reinforce the point I and other mods keep making - cut out the abuse, stop winding each other up and if a poster winds you up, don't read their posts.

Well said. This is the main reason that the original thread with the same title was closed. It would be nice to stick to the thread theme and receive/offer some positive, constructive advice, and not negative inconstructive criticsm.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
I'm content .....

....but then, I have managed to succeed in the UK ....unlike a lot of malcontents
If you feel your financial goals have been achieved = succeded then your in a world of shit
Old Jan 8th 2007, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

davo453 is just really nicedavo453 is just really nicedavo453 is just really nicedavo453 is just really nicedavo453 is just really nicedavo453 is just really nicedavo453 is just really nicedavo453 is just really nicedavo453 is just really nice

Although I haven't posted very much here, I am a bit of a forum tart and have been on so many forums over the years on my many and varied interests. Some of them still exist some have folded.

The point is that nothing ever changes, it's a sad fact that the few will always selfishly spoil it for the majority, some seem to make it a hobby (a bit sad really) to get their post count up and will post on every subject, this is really bad if they have nothing constructive to say.

I don't know if you've noticed but emails, forums and to a lesser extent chat groups are a terrible way of expressing yourself, in spoken communications people sort the good from the bad and in time will forget the bad as we are pretty much all positive by nature.

With written media you can keep reading it and then rereading between the lines taking things more personally than they were probably originally intended, result a slanging match. It’s best to just stay on the original subject.

Just my observations........

Dave
Old Jan 8th 2007, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold

It’s best to just stay on the original subject.

Just my observations........
Agreed
Old Jan 8th 2007, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

TONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
Madonna can well afford to live in the uk.
I think people are sick of high taxes and long working hours,
wet winter days and nights and extortionate house prices.
I think people are willing to escape the rat race for a simpler life abroad even if this means living in a smaller house and working fo less money.
Or am I just talking about myself ?
Let me Know,

Cheers, Remy
I can agree with you, along with failing services, rising unemployment amongst certain groups, rising inflation/taxes (that's what causing a lot of the inflation), rising interest rates, rising fuel costs, and a bunch of smug b******s in government that spend my money and yours on making things worse, well it sure isn't to make things better, because if it is they are failing badly, etc etc.

Last edited by TONY P; Jan 8th 2007 at 9:58 pm. Reason: missed a word out
Old Jan 8th 2007, 9:59 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by psb182
If you feel your financial goals have been achieved = succeded then your in a world of shit

Comfortable though
Old Jan 8th 2007, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

thunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TONY P
I can agree with you, along with failing services, rising unemployment amongst certain groups, rising inflation/taxes (that's what causing a lot of the inflation), rising interest rates, rising fuel costs, and a bunch of smug b******s in government that spend my money and yours on making things worse, well it sure isn't to make things better, because if it is they are failing badly, etc etc.

are u talking about Oz or the Uk
Old Jan 8th 2007, 11:24 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
and I hope you are all noting that I have not said a bleedin word

Strewth mate, who tied your hands behind your back? !!!
Old Jan 9th 2007, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

My 5 Reasons for wanting to go home:

1) My Family, and for my children to have a relationship with them.
2) to feel like I belong again, not like i am just exsisting.
3) to go for a walk in great countryside in great villages
4) being able to spend time with great friends and being able to laugh again, I mean really laugh, no falseness
5) Most of all To be happy again.

And to be able to have a decent curry.

Sandra x
Old Jan 9th 2007, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sandrainaus
My 5 Reasons for wanting to go home:

1) My Family, and for my children to have a relationship with them.
2) to feel like I belong again, not like i am just exsisting.
3) to go for a walk in great countryside in great villages
4) being able to spend time with great friends and being able to laugh again, I mean really laugh, no falseness
5) Most of all To be happy again.

And to be able to have a decent curry.

Sandra x
Well said Sandra, my thoughts too.
I hope you get what you want, life is too short to waste it elsewhere when you find it aint all roses eh?
All the best
x
Old Jan 9th 2007, 12:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rascal
Well said Sandra, my thoughts too.
I hope you get what you want, life is too short to waste it elsewhere when you find it aint all roses eh?
All the best
x

All I need to do is get the Husband to agree, although the longer he is here the more he is beginning to agree with me so fingers crossed, saying that he changes his mind daily, we are looking into going tho, all he is worried about is the Citizenship for the kids do we stay and get it or just go, just means staying here for another 14 months, not sure my sanity will last that longX
Old Jan 9th 2007, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sandrainaus
All I need to do is get the Husband to agree, although the longer he is here the more he is beginning to agree with me so fingers crossed, saying that he changes his mind daily, we are looking into going tho, all he is worried about is the Citizenship for the kids do we stay and get it or just go, just means staying here for another 14 months, not sure my sanity will last that longX
Oh I thought you were ready for the off soon!
Luckily I dont need my hubby to agree, he never wanted to come in the first place. Never liked it here, saw it for what it was. Took me a while before the rose specs came off, but when they did, Boy did it wake me up!
As for sanity, I lost mine when I boarded the time capsule to here.
Oh well, I used to joke as a kid about wanting to travel back in time.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 12:51 am
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Getting back to the point of the thread, I think the following apply to a lot of people:

Fear of growing old and sick in a foreign country.

Missing familiy and friends.

Missing their home culture.

Realization that their adopted country has as many faults as the UK.

Other person-specific reasons (they never intended to move permanently in the first place, they divorced their foreign-born spouse, they've made their fortune and want to retire in the UK, sick parents in the UK need their help, etc.)

It really, really is an individual thing and in the end although people's opinions on here can help, you never really know whether it will work for you unless you try it because the specifics of your situation are not the same as others.
Spot on
Old Jan 9th 2007, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TONY P
I was also wondering which country you are talking about

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.