Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

yesterday's heroes

yesterday's heroes

Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:04 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: yesterday's heroes

Originally Posted by MataHari
putting yourself down.
Why? I've been doing it for 30 years, so why change?
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold

LJ, this thread is about heroic anecdotes...so you are going to have to come up with something better..

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Why? I've been doing it for 30 years, so why change?
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:16 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiftdelete
hey dudes/dudettes...have been laying (is that the right spelling?) awake thinking (or maybe I've been dreaming about laying awake thinking..or maybe dreaming about being awake, but actually dreaming about dreaming I was laying awake thinking)......so I've been thinking (substitute 'dreaming' to taste) about things done in the past of an honourable nature....couldn't come up with a thing, but then I started thinking whether we had any heros amongst the be'ers- ("dobbers-in" welcome) like maybe saving someone's life or sending a thank-you note....or saying "Yes"- that kind of thing.
Thrice saved someones life.

Once was a guy who had fallen in the Thames and was drowning, I was walking back from Richmond Ice rink to the tube and saw him in difficulty.
Me and a mate jumped in and pulled him out.

Saved someone from a house fire in my old apartment block.
His kitchen was on fire and he was fast asleep in his bedroom
(this was only 6 months ago)

A guy in a mobility cart (those mini electric cars for the infirm).
was crossing the road was in front of me, he hit the kirb stone awkwardly and his cart toppled back over into the dual carriageway ahead of me.
I swerved my car to a stop blocking both lanes so that he was not run over by the cars in the outside lane.

Last edited by Jammy_Dodgers; Jun 14th 2007 at 6:18 am.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:18 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

People keep saying in such a selfless person.

Little do they know that on each occasion i took their wallets and watches..

Joke.
(first post is true...this one is bellocks)
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:18 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

LJ, this thread is about heroic anecdotes...so you are going to have to come up with something better..
MH started it...

OK, sorry for hi-jacking the thread.

Just be glad Confucious seems to be laying low. It would be a 100-post flirt-fest by now.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:23 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

liar, liar, pants on fire
you must be really young then...
Old Jun 14th 2007, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold

that's amazing- that means you should have 3 medals...3 more than MH..

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Thrice saved someones life.

Once was a guy who had fallen in the Thames and was drowning, I was walking back from Richmond Ice rink to the tube and saw him in difficulty.
Me and a mate jumped in and pulled him out.

Saved someone from a house fire in my old apartment block.
His kitchen was on fire and he was fast asleep in his bedroom
(this was only 6 months ago)

A guy in a mobility cart (those mini electric cars for the infirm).
was crossing the road was in front of me, he hit the kirb stone awkwardly and his cart toppled back over into the dual carriageway ahead of me.
I swerved my car to a stop blocking both lanes so that he was not run over by the cars in the outside lane.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

inkie, pienkie, ponkie

Originally Posted by MataHari
you must be really young then...
Old Jun 14th 2007, 7:25 am
Up in the air

that's amazing- that means you should have 3 medals...3 more than MH..
Not really that amazing.
I did it as i always seem to be in the right place at the right time....hence Jammy.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

yeah I know, MH always starts the flirting ...mate you made a decision to move out of doobay, so thats pretty heroic.

MH started it...

OK, sorry for hi-jacking the thread.

Just be glad Confucious seems to be laying low. It would be a 100-post flirt-fest by now.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 7:47 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

yeah I know, MH always starts the flirting ...mate you made a decision to move out of doobay, so thats pretty heroic.
la la la la la can't hear you la la la la la
Old Jun 14th 2007, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
wow, there's a blast from the past, Richmond Ice Rink...another casualty of the greedy property developers, eh...

MM, xx
Old Jun 14th 2007, 8:26 am
Excess Baggage

You're too kind.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 8:38 am
hmmmm...nice

You're too kind.
don't be fooled...