Reload this Page >

worried about situation of friend in qatar

worried about situation of friend in qatar

Old May 17th 2015, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

spirit_guide is an unknown quantity at this point
Default worried about situation of friend in qatar

Hello to all,
I really hope someone can help me to understand a situation that is happening witha friend of mine.
He went working from morocco to qatar, and after 2 months working there he decided to leave, as things were not working out for him as he tought.
He went to human resorces of company he was working for, to inform he wanted to resign, and according to what he said all went well.
A few days later he called and told me that his flight back home was next day and that he already got the flight ticket.
On next day I texted him by facebook messenger, asking about trip preparations and wishing a nice return, and he told me that he was going to stay because he didnt get the exit visa, and was informed that he had to pay about 1000€ of fees so he could leave.
I asked him if they could make him stay against his will, and he replied with a yes, and told that he has to stay for 6 month before he can leave without paying the fees.
It was a very strange talk with yes/no replies, and at the end the told that working there was being good, that he enjoied it, and wanted to stay.
I know that someone can change mind about something, but we talked over and over, and he told me that he didnt like it there, he wanted to leave, and I dont think he changed his mind.
From that day on, I was not abble to talk to him anymore, by facebook or msn.
He sees msg, but no answer back.
I wonder if someone with experience can help me understand what might be going on with him.
Can he be under any kind of surveillance, and not able to answer?
Can he be in any kind of trouble?
Please help m undestand.
Thank you for your help.
Old May 18th 2015, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: worried about situation of friend in qatar

try using the phone
Old May 26th 2015, 7:26 am
Just Joined

emrest is an unknown quantity at this point

dont send any money
Old May 27th 2015, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

primularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond repute

can you call him? can he use any other computer, possibly with VPN connection? at least, can you contact the embassy?