Working in UAE?

Old Aug 6th 2011, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

david35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working in UAE?

Hi

I'm looking at finding engineering or project management jobs in UAE. I've applied for a couple of jobs but just read an article saying because of the volume of applications they ignore some applications.

Is there any possible contacts or is there anybody on this forum that could possibly help me in being directed to the right place to apply for these jobs?

I've had 11 years experience working in the nuclear industry.

Cheers
David
Old Aug 6th 2011, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working in UAE?

http://www.enec.gov.ae/

These are the people running this project , mind you it's in the middle of nowhere.

Widen your search to Qatar , K.S.A and other countries , work is very limited in the U.A.E and the competiton is tough.

Good Luck
Old Aug 6th 2011, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Originally Posted by david35
Hi

I'm looking at finding engineering or project management jobs in UAE. I've applied for a couple of jobs but just read an article saying because of the volume of applications they ignore some applications.

Is there any possible contacts or is there anybody on this forum that could possibly help me in being directed to the right place to apply for these jobs?

I've had 11 years experience working in the nuclear industry.

Cheers
David
Try Linkedin for some useful contacts
Old Aug 7th 2011, 9:28 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the replies.

Do you generally get your accommodation paid for if you get the chance to work over there? What other benefits do you get?

I was also looking for offshore oil jobs but not completely sure what sites are best for that?

Basically I've just been told that the Sellafield Mox Plant is closing down, you might have seen it on the news. After 11 years of hard work especially in the last year with the Japanese campaign we have been told that we will be moved to another part of site. Which is fair enough at least I will still be in a job but I have ambitions and I feel the company can't deliver them.

I'm so determined now to look futher afield and gain some good experience.

So really anymore suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Old Aug 7th 2011, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies.

Do you generally get your accommodation paid for if you get the chance to work over there? What other benefits do you get?

I was also looking for offshore oil jobs but not completely sure what sites are best for that?

Basically I've just been told that the Sellafield Mox Plant is closing down, you might have seen it on the news. After 11 years of hard work especially in the last year with the Japanese campaign we have been told that we will be moved to another part of site. Which is fair enough at least I will still be in a job but I have ambitions and I feel the company can't deliver them.

Cheers
Search the forum mate , all what you need is on here , with answers to all your questions and links to recruitment agencies and tips on job hunting.

Do a lot of research on the internet and get as much info as you can , working life here is very different than in the U.K , so getting all the right info is very important.
Old Aug 7th 2011, 11:15 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Thanks for the replies.

Cheers
I wouldn't worry too much about the make up of a package just yet. They vary massively - some companies provide a car and a house / apartment, some provide an 'all-in' figure and you're left to your own devices.

As CDB suggests, have a good search and see what's what.

www.oilandgasjobsearch.com is a blinding website for all things O&G, Power, Nuclear and whatnot.

Also get on linkedin adding contacts and joining groups, brilliant way of getting spotted, make sure your profile is nice and detailed (without being dull). On Linkedin you'll find people at the right employers out here too and can approach them directly with relative ease.

Best of luck mate.
Old Aug 7th 2011, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

Cheers for that, really good advice. Just been on linkedin and connected to a few groups recruiting in the middle east so hopefully as time goes by I can get somewhere with that.

I'll have a look at that website as well.

Thanks again
Old Aug 7th 2011, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

Jason Bennison is an unknown quantity at this point

I never intended to go to Abu Dhabi or Dubai, it was a friends recommendation and I just fell into it.

You will find its friends and contacts that will get you there.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 8:00 am
Account Closed

Tillybean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by co durham boy
http://www.enec.gov.ae/

These are the people running this project , mind you it's in the middle of nowhere.

Widen your search to Qatar , K.S.A and other countries , work is very limited in the U.A.E and the competiton is tough.

Good Luck
At the moment ENEC is based in Al Mamoora Building, so its pretty swish! Once the site is built then yes, the middle of no wehere
Old Oct 30th 2011, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

Jason Bennison is an unknown quantity at this point

If its not built yet, it probaby wont be a-la Nakeel. Look for work that has a building that is complete.