Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Working as a Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dubai?

Working as a Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dubai?

Old Jul 21st 2010, 1:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working as a Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dubai?

Originally Posted by kittycat1
aww is millhouse lonely whilst the missus is away?
I've been too busy to be lonely!
Old Jul 21st 2010, 1:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by distinctiveflair
Mehh... no more questions to ask its just a case of boredom now and passing the next 3 long weeks in London
you come over in 3 weeks?
Old Jul 21st 2010, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
make the most of your last few weeks in London- I miss it soo much! go and see all the sites and enjoy being able togo outside whilst you still can!
amen

do miss the place. two weeks and counting...
Old Jul 21st 2010, 2:09 pm
Banned

distinctiveflair will become famous soon enoughdistinctiveflair will become famous soon enough

3 weeks indeed!

You guys miss London... really? Ive never liked it here (no offense to patriots) so even if Dubai doesn't work out I hope I don't have to come back to London
Old Jul 21st 2010, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I've been too busy to be lonely!
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 7:44 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Its true... would you please forgive me... please?
Forgiven

And remember--what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Welcome back.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

Tigger99 is an unknown quantity at this point

3 weeks indeed!

You guys miss London... really? Ive never liked it here (no offense to patriots) so even if Dubai doesn't work out I hope I don't have to come back to London
Hi Distintiveflair, Welcome back....

On a serious note, my son runs a recruitment business in Dubai and has done for the last four years (good times, bad times and getting better times).... If you have any specific questions, either ask on the forum or drop me a private message and will try to get answers for you.

Tigger99
Old Jul 24th 2010, 6:06 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

I noticed no one answered your "Where's the best pub on a Friday night" question.

There's a number of places scattered around Dubai that are great for Westerners – it all depends on your taste (whether it's clubbing, live music, sport etc). I've only been to a couple, namely the Irish Villiage, the bar in the Raddison up in Media City, and Rock Bottom Cafe (though I didn't stay long there as it was early in the evening and so there was no reason to put up with the interesting smell).

The only other thing to note is that Fridays in London are Thursdays over here. (I'm not sure if you've been told this already, but the weekends in Dubai are Friday/Saturday, rather than Saturday/Sunday).
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 4:23 pm
Good things take time

saddam will become famous soon enoughsaddam will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lionheart
Hey Saddam, give us a job, guv. I am ideally qualified and fully experienced in your line of work...oh and what is it you do exactly?
Hello lion….long time?
Sorry for the tardy reply..i was in cut-off period ( 4 months in, 2 mths out)
Why not…just send me your details
oil rigging is what I do….. sea tunneling I guess? back to Tripoli -Libya base and may shift to abu dhabi next week, to damage another poor spot/ seabed . I work freelancing , but hey, helpers always needed
we can meet in uae if convenient , I need to spend money on friends nowadays,
hard to find ways to waste funds , specially after the divorce..hahahaa

cheers and keep in touch, and thanks for welcoming and entertaining the recruitment lady..your contributions make me chuckle
Old Sep 6th 2010, 3:43 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your positive response Tigger. I was just about to lose hope on the calibre of posters on this forum.

Were coming to Dubai with 12,000 pounds in savings which will go towards our year of rent and polo car.

With the calculations I had done it seemed we would have enough money for living and saving. I mean our combined monthly income will be:

29,000.00 AED = 5,158.57 GBP

Heck, however expensive it is I dont know how I would start to spend 5k every month. To me it seems very comfortable.... considering this is just basic?
You're using your savings to start up in the UAE?

You do realise there is zero job security here, no meaningful way of complaining about employers and that your UAE accounts can be frozen for a myriad of reasons (including having court cases against you, employers reporting you as absconding, death etc.)

I'd ask your employer to help you pay your rent up front...if they really want you they will do it as it's pretty standard.

N.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 5:40 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder how this turned out...
Old Sep 25th 2010, 9:03 am
Banned

distinctiveflair will become famous soon enoughdistinctiveflair will become famous soon enough

Pretty awesome actually!
Old Sep 25th 2010, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty awesome actually!
You've placed candidates already??

Hope you continue to do well and get to save some money to replace your, er, savings!
Old Sep 25th 2010, 9:12 am
Banned

i didnt bring my savings smart ass sorry to burst your bubble.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty awesome actually!
What areas do you recruit for?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.