Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Work for Spouses in Oman

Work for Spouses in Oman

Old Sep 5th 2017, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

eastrunner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work for Spouses in Oman

So last evening the missus brought up the ‘what about mycareer’ discussion as our toddler is getting to an age where he can probablygo to day care. What is your experience do most of your partners work? Her background is International Law (LLM fromthe UK) and last role was working for a prince’s trust in the UK as a policy researcher.I hear people do all sorts of career changes out here from working as estateagents to teaching ESL. Thanks
ER
Old Aug 1st 2018, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

whovijay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Work for Spouses in Oman

Originally Posted by eastrunner
So last evening the missus brought up the ‘what about mycareer’ discussion as our toddler is getting to an age where he can probablygo to day care. What is your experience do most of your partners work? Her background is International Law (LLM fromthe UK) and last role was working for a prince’s trust in the UK as a policy researcher.I hear people do all sorts of career changes out here from working as estateagents to teaching ESL. Thanks
ER
How did your move to Oman go and did you manage to get the job for your missus? How difficult was it?
Old Aug 2nd 2018, 4:28 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work for Spouses in Oman

Originally Posted by eastrunner
ER
There are several multinational law firms out there and as she has the law degree she may get something in one of those companies. I would start researching which firms are there ( I know Dentons law firm is) Oman was cracking down on ex pat visas due to Omanisation so i do not know how easy it is for them to get the labor card for a working Spouse. If she does work it would be a blessing as an extra income is always a good thing