Work Permit - KSA

Old Mar 6th 2017, 9:43 am
Just Joined

Little My is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work Permit - KSA

Hi everyone.

It seems, depending on your nationality, you sometimes need to attach a police certificate with your application for a work permit. I have been in touch with the consulate, and one officer gave me one answer (needing a police certificate), and another office gave me another answer (not needing one). Do you always need to attach one, or is it based on your nationality?

If something were to appear on your police certificate (driving under the influence of alcohol with a sentencing of one month's imprisonment), would this completely rule you out of getting a work permit to KSA?

Thanks a million!
Old Mar 6th 2017, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work Permit - KSA

Originally Posted by Little My
Hi everyone.

It seems, depending on your nationality, you sometimes need to attach a police certificate with your application for a work permit. I have been in touch with the consulate, and one officer gave me one answer (needing a police certificate), and another office gave me another answer (not needing one). Do you always need to attach one, or is it based on your nationality?

If something were to appear on your police certificate (driving under the influence of alcohol with a sentencing of one month's imprisonment), would this completely rule you out of getting a work permit to KSA?

Thanks a million!
Spoke to our resident Government Relations (GR ) expert. His view:

- The new process is that all new arrivals into KSA require 'clearance' in order to obtain a work permit. This word clearance is an expression that doesn't translate very well to the UK. Basically, you will have to provide a Police Check.
- From what I could understand, as long as the conviction is spent, then you should be ok, doesn't automatically rule you out. If the conviction is recent and still shows , then you won't obtain 'clearance' and it's good night Vienna.
Old Mar 6th 2017, 2:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

"Disclosure" is the term

https://www.gov.uk/government/organi...e-and-barring-
https://crbdirect.org.uk/

https://crbdirect.org.uk/

Separate set-up for Scotland.

Last edited by scot47; Mar 6th 2017 at 2:30 pm.
Old Mar 11th 2017, 9:33 am
Just Joined

abdulwahab2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well most of the time try to make Police Clearance before going to KSA
Especially if you belong to some under-develop country
Old Mar 11th 2017, 9:56 am
Just Joined

RT21 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in the same situation effectively. Applying for work visa for KSA and pretty much all the agents are telling me I need a police certificate from ACRO. None of them mention a basic disclosure from disclosure Scotland which would be a better option given the situation on spent convictions on the police certificate. I'm told that any past convictions will show as 'no live trace', meaning there was some record in the past but no longer relevant. But then the Saudi embassy will ask for full subject access, which would have to provide and which will show any cautions, convictions, etc whether spent or not. Based on this they will decide whether to grant the visa or not. I have a drink drive conviction from 20 years ago, 1 year ban and a fine. I'm not sure if this will stop them from offering or not, anyone had any experience or knowledge on this? I'm told the only things they MAY overlook is driving and insurance convictions but dont know if they would take a dim view on this. Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Old Mar 11th 2017, 9:59 am
Just Joined

RT21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Also I'm not sure if it's possible to get a business visa where the police certificate is not required and then transfer to a work visa while over there. My employer over there is pretty easygoing on getting me there but don't know much on this and if it's really an option. Does anyone know on this one? Thanks again
Old Mar 16th 2017, 8:31 am
Just Joined

globalgeek is an unknown quantity at this point

The men will be able to advise you better Andyho as my information is based on wives gossip and one friend who is half Saudi with a contract with a big company with wasta so the rules are slightly different. However, if you are planning to stay I would get everything checked out first, health, police sign off etc.

A business visa is mainly for people visiting to do business for a short period and I have heard of men having to leave the country every 30 days, so this may be the situation they are in. I also hear that most companies have a standard trial 3 month period where you can say goodbye after the trial has ended, either party, without issue. However you are in a precarious position without an Iqama (and you can even be sent home quickly with one).

For instance I believe you need one to get a bank account (which your wages are paid into by law), phone, car etc. So if you do decide to go on a business visa I would strongly recommend you do not set down routes and start buying things or make any commitments, as if you are not cleared, you are out.

Like I say I am not an expert on the ins and outs and things change quickly here. So hopefully one of the men will be able to advise you better. Please don’t take what I say as concrete.

Last edited by globalgeek; Mar 16th 2017 at 8:33 am.
Old Mar 16th 2017, 10:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rt21
I'm in the same situation effectively. Applying for work visa for KSA and pretty much all the agents are telling me I need a police certificate from ACRO. None of them mention a basic disclosure from disclosure Scotland which would be a better option given the situation on spent convictions on the police certificate. I'm told that any past convictions will show as 'no live trace', meaning there was some record in the past but no longer relevant. But then the Saudi embassy will ask for full subject access, which would have to provide and which will show any cautions, convictions, etc whether spent or not. Based on this they will decide whether to grant the visa or not. I have a drink drive conviction from 20 years ago, 1 year ban and a fine. I'm not sure if this will stop them from offering or not, anyone had any experience or knowledge on this? I'm told the only things they MAY overlook is driving and insurance convictions but dont know if they would take a dim view on this. Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Checks from Disclosure Scotland/CRB are for UK job purposes. For migration, or jobs abroad, you need either ACRO or a Subject Access check.

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 20th 2018 at 7:13 pm. Reason: privacy for quote
Old May 4th 2017, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

EDDY EID is an unknown quantity at this point

Whether you are British or not you MUST submit ACRO certificate (FCO apostilized), if you applying at Saudi embassy in London. If the conviction is spent, they should consider your application. It's one of the mandatory docs, if it's not present with your application.......this is an easy rejection.
Old May 5th 2017, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

nbcrompton1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,
So me and my spouse both have just received our ACRO police certificates back and we both have reprimands from when we were minors, anyone have any idea what our odds are?

Cheers
Old May 5th 2017, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nbcrompton1
Hey,
So me and my spouse both have just received our ACRO police certificates back and we both have reprimands from when we were minors, anyone have any idea what our odds are?

Cheers
Have you got "NO LIVING TRACE" on your ACRO certificate?
IT depends on what conviction you had in the past & the consideration of case worker.
Old May 6th 2017, 7:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by EDDY EID
Have you got "NO LIVING TRACE" on your ACRO certificate?
IT depends on what conviction you had in the past & the consideration of case worker.
No unfortunately it seems to be alive and kicking, no mention of trace or otherwise, just the conviction. A reprimand seeing as I was a minor at the time,I'm 23 now so it was 7 years ago.
Old May 6th 2017, 11:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nbcrompton1
No unfortunately it seems to be alive and kicking, no mention of trace or otherwise, just the conviction. A reprimand seeing as I was a minor at the time,I'm 23 now so it was 7 years ago.
If it's alive, I'm afraid your chances of getting this visa are very low.
Old May 6th 2017, 11:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by EDDY EID
If it's alive, I'm afraid your chances of getting this visa are very low.
As I thought.

Thanks