Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Visit visa- refused

Visit visa- refused

Old Jan 8th 2016, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

brummiesB20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visit visa- refused

I have applied for a visit visa for my husband in Saudi Arabia. They refused to give me a visit visa. They told me, I cannot bring my husband to Saudi Arabia.
I tried to find out why they have refused to give my husband a visit visa, they said "you are only a teacher" therefore you cannot sponsor you husband.
Only female doctors or managers can bring their husband.
I am heartbroken and really need some advice.
Old Jan 8th 2016, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

hmalij is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visit visa- refused

I am sorry to hear that, Saudi is getting very tight on visas as of late
Old Jan 9th 2016, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brummiesB20
I have applied for a visit visa for my husband in Saudi Arabia. They refused to give me a visit visa. They told me, I cannot bring my husband to Saudi Arabia.
I tried to find out why they have refused to give my husband a visit visa, they said "you are only a teacher" therefore you cannot sponsor you husband.
Leave , Saudi is a shithole , go back home or change country .
Old Jan 9th 2016, 9:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, the OP got some stick when she last posted, can we please move on from that before we scare her away completely

If anyone can help constructively, please come up with suggestions.
Old Jan 9th 2016, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Guys, the OP got some stick when she last posted, can we please move on from that before we scare her away completely

If anyone can help constructively, please come up with suggestions.
Pointless sugar coating the situation , she's in one of the most inhospitable cultures and countries on the planet .

Make a basic quick decision on what you know , don't hang about as if you don't know anyone with the Watsa then it's very very difficult .

There you go
Old Jan 10th 2016, 1:20 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there. It's not just Saudi. A lot of GCC countries don't sponsor husbands of working women. The main reason is that a lot of house Maids are married, and the authorities are worried about illegal labourers entering.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to change the situation. So you have a choice to continue working and only see your husband outside of the country, or to quit and leave.
Old Jan 10th 2016, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly, most of the comments are consistent with my own experiences. Once a Visit Visa gets rejected, its impossible to get them to change their minds. There are couple of options.

1 - Wait a couple of months before re-applying. However, when you re-apply, try to at least speak to someone who knows the system and who might have some good contacts. Ensure your husband has at least 6 months valid on his passport.

2 - Maybe ask the school / University to sponsor him on a business visa Ask them nicely, they might do it for you.

3 - Go to Dubai / Bahrain for a holiday and meet him there. You'll have more fun anyway.
Old Jan 17th 2016, 12:28 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brummiesB20
Do you work in Riyadh in the British School?

I have read their information to applicants and, although it states that married females cannot sponsor their husbands for permanent residency, it says that it is possible for the school to obtain visitors visas for husbands for up to 3 months.

Last edited by Victor Meldrew; Jan 17th 2016 at 12:34 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2016, 6:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

So you eventually moved to the ME with your three children but not husband?
Old Jan 24th 2016, 11:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on he employer and what wasta he has. ("Wasta" is the local term for influence.) While working for the airiine in Jeddah I applied for a visit via for mu father-in-law. It was initially refused but I went to the man responsible and shook hands and explained my side of things. Father-in-law got his visit visa.
If you are unsuccessful maybe you have to leave the job. I am not sure that I would work for a school that told me," You are only a teacher."

Last edited by scot47; Jan 24th 2016 at 11:16 pm.
Old Jan 25th 2016, 9:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Dave's ESL café has a long thread on Saudi visas for families. It seems that now females must be at "Professor" rank to sponsor husbands.
Job Discussion Forums :: View topic - Bringing family to KSA as of December 2015