Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Visa Runs and The Ministry - Doha

Visa Runs and The Ministry - Doha

Old Jul 15th 2014, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

kevork1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa Runs and The Ministry - Doha

OK So you can fly in and get a tourist visa for a month, go back to the airport and renew for a month and then you have to leave in month 2 for a night then can come back and stay for two months as long as you renew half way through?
Old Jul 15th 2014, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qatar - Tourist Visa and Job Sponsorship

Originally Posted by kevork1984
Hello All

My partner is due to fly to qatar in a few weeks. Can someone please tell me how long a tourist visa for someone from the UK lasts and whether you need to show a return ticket or a ticket on to somehwere else like Dubai? Also, how much does it cost.

Secondly, she is job hunting whilst over here but I have heard that private sector companies dont sponsor people for their visa's and/or residency permit, can anyone share any info on this?

Thank you
Some do but most don't as it's cheaper to hire a local based expat without the hassle plus if you were married then you could sponsor her and she could work for anyone she wishes plus she doesn't need a NOC or exit visa.

My wife is on my sponsorship and works full time and it's far easier than being sponsored .

Go on get married
Old Jul 16th 2014, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

I've not done it myself but I do know of EU nationals, not Brits, who have stayed almost 3 months using the 30 day visa exempt entry and been able to renew twice at the airport immigration office, behind the Oryx Rotana. Pay QR100 each time and if you pick your time it's about a 5 minute wait. I think they draw the line at 2 renewals after the original entry though.

Personally I've never gone beyond the first renewal, can only manage Doh-Hah, in about 50 day chunks.
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

My wife stayed in Qatar for over 2 years on a tourist visa. You get 30 days on entry and then go to the passport office (next to the Oryx Rotana) and extend for 30 days. They give you 30 days extension from the day you apply not from the expiry of the 30 days. So you go for the extension on day 29. The process is painless - no questions are asked: you just wait your turn and pay the QR 100. Every 60 days she goes shopping in Dubai and repeats the process. The biggest pain is that Qatar only issues temporary driving licences for the length of the visa so each time she renewed the tourist visa the next step was to renew her driving licence at QR 150 a time. Again a painless process of just waiting your turn: no questions asked.

Last edited by gottheTshirt; Jul 23rd 2014 at 6:19 am.
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

kevork1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's really helpful gottheTshirt, thank you.