Reload this Page >

Visa Runs and The Ministry - Doha

Visa Runs and The Ministry - Doha

Old Jul 14th 2014, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

kevork1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Qatar - Tourist Visa and Job Sponsorship

Hello All

My partner is due to fly to qatar in a few weeks. Can someone please tell me how long a tourist visa for someone from the UK lasts and whether you need to show a return ticket or a ticket on to somehwere else like Dubai? Also, how much does it cost.

Secondly, she is job hunting whilst over here but I have heard that private sector companies dont sponsor people for their visa's and/or residency permit, can anyone share any info on this?

Thank you
Old Jul 14th 2014, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

primularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qatar - Tourist Visa and Job Sponsorship

Turist VISA lasts one month. About the return ticket, batter ask the air flight company. I do know about private company's VISA policy
Old Jul 15th 2014, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Default Visa Runs and The Ministry - Doha

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone knows of a friend or partner who goes to the ministry to extend their tourist visa and if they get many questions and what the process is like? Any thoughts really welcome, particularly if you have done this in the last year.

Thank you
Old Jul 15th 2014, 1:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Runs and The Ministry - Doha

Originally Posted by kevork1984
Hi All

I was wondering if anyone knows of a friend or partner who goes to the ministry to extend their tourist visa and if they get many questions and what the process is like? Any thoughts really welcome, particularly if you have done this in the last year.

Thank you
It's probably easier to scoot down to Dubai and get a new visa from the Qatari consulate.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Would you then have to do that every month?
Old Jul 15th 2014, 1:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Would you then have to do that every month?
You can get visit visas that last 3 months.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

O wow I didnt know that, I thought if you came out you just got one for 30 days and then had to extend it for another 30 days by visiting the ministry? Do you know of any websites that say 3 months as I can't find any. Really appreciate the advice by the way.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 1:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

O wow I didnt know that, I thought if you came out you just got one for 30 days and then had to extend it for another 30 days by visiting the ministry? Do you know of any websites that say 3 months as I can't find any. Really appreciate the advice by the way.
The 30 day visas are issued on arrival at the airport. The 3 month visas are issued by embassies and consulates. Try looking up the Qatar embassy in London - that might give you more information.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Do you know if they ask many questions to get a 90 day visa, such as who you are living with and why you are not looking to work? These people are likely to be staying with friends for a prolonged period of time.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 1:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Do you know if they ask many questions to get a 90 day visa, such as who you are living with and why you are not looking to work? These people are likely to be staying with friends for a prolonged period of time.
The best bet is to Just say you're visiting family. The Qatari's will accept that without any more questions being asked.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Great. So if they arrive at the airport they get one for 1 month then can go to an embassy in Doha and get a 3 month one and say they are visiting family?
Old Jul 15th 2014, 2:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Great. So if they arrive at the airport they get one for 1 month then can go to an embassy in Doha and get a 3 month one and say they are visiting family?
No, you have to go to a Qatari embassy outside of Qatar....
Old Jul 15th 2014, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Ok thanks. To get a new visa do you need to leave doha and come back in or can you literally just go to the airport every month?
Old Jul 15th 2014, 2:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ok thanks. To get a new visa do you need to leave doha and come back in or can you literally just go to the airport every month?
You need to leave.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

flood2 will become famous soon enoughflood2 will become famous soon enough

You are allowed to renew once at the airport, then you have to leave. You can repeat this process.

You never get asked any questions as I have renewed in the past at the immigration building behind the Oryx Rotana

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.