visa

Old Jun 8th 2017, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

kimjhuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visa

Hi, quick question about the visa...
I believe that we're granted with 30 days visa + 10 days grace period.
I'm just wondering whether I can leave UAE during that grace period or not?
If not, do I have to pay fine?
Old Jun 11th 2017, 5:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: visa

10 days grace I think you get once.
I stayed for ages on my first tourist visa. 30 + 10 grace + 30ish I think.
100dhs a day overstay fine.
Did the border run at Hatta and time at two borders was probably 90mins in total, dicking around.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 1:30 pm
peterparker

Sabi Star is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kimjhuk
Hi, quick question about the visa...
I believe that we're granted with 30 days visa + 10 days grace period.
I'm just wondering whether I can leave UAE during that grace period or not?
If not, do I have to pay fine?
In case you don't know by now - you can go in and out during the first 30 days what is really extendible to 39 days (I don't think you can renew on 40th day?) of your 30 day Visa BUT coming back in during the first 30 days does not start a new Visa - you are still on your old Visa and those original 30 to 39/40 days.

Last edited by Sabi Star; Jun 11th 2017 at 2:27 pm.
Old Jun 12th 2017, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sabi Star
In case you don't know by now - you can go in and out during the first 30 days what is really extendible to 39 days (I don't think you can renew on 40th day?) of your 30 day Visa BUT coming back in during the first 30 days does not start a new Visa - you are still on your old Visa and those original 30 to 39/40 days.
I am sorry but you are wrong, when you arrive you are stamped in with a 30 day visa and recorded onto the immigration system, if you leave you will receive and exit stamp and your visa will be cancelled in the system. So as when you return you get a new 30 day stamp on arrival!!

I have 3 passports full of what used to be 60 day visa`s and then 30 day visa`s as i used to go in and out of Iraq 3-4 times a week!

And why would you be planning to overstay on your first visa anyway, when you can do as Scamp says and go to Oman and get a brand new one at anytime during your stay!!!