Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

A visa for a 16 yr old boy...

A visa for a 16 yr old boy...

Old May 5th 2011, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough
Default A visa for a 16 yr old boy...

I have a job to start in September, the school has now offered a post to my wife also
2 children to take along, the school say no problem for my 15 yr old daughter, but many problems in getting permission for my near 17 yr old son, to come and start his college course... Has anyone else every tried to take there 17 yr old son with them, and if so did it work ok?
Old May 5th 2011, 7:44 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A visa for a 16 yr old boy...

Originally Posted by 1967tazz
I have a job to start in September, the school has now offered a post to my wife also
2 children to take along, the school say no problem for my 15 yr old daughter, but many problems in getting permission for my near 17 yr old son, to come and start his college course... Has anyone else every tried to take there 17 yr old son with them, and if so did it work ok?
you can sponsor son's til they are 18, after that they get an Educational visa via the college, speak to the college about it
Old May 5th 2011, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
you can sponsor son's til they are 18, after that they get an Educational visa via the college, speak to the college about it
Hi Blue Cat, thanks for that, so to be clear, my employer don't need to sort his visa, I can do that and as he would have completed 1 year of a 2 year program of study (A levels) the college he is attending will be able to arrange an Educational visa, is that correct?

Also, we are due to leave for KSA end of August for a September start, are we able to arrange his visa before we leave, as opposed to needing to start the process when we arrive and for him to need to travel over at a later date, alone?

Thanks again
Old May 5th 2011, 8:03 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

The Company you are working for will sponsor you, eg give you your visa, you then sponsor your wife and family. Sorry just realised you said KSA thought you mean't Dubai, not sure about the legalities in KSA but I am sure one of our members who is there will put you straight.
Old May 5th 2011, 8:08 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
The Company you are working for will sponsor you, eg give you your visa, you then sponsor your wife and family. Sorry just realised you said KSA thought you mean't Dubai, not sure about the legalities in KSA but I am sure one of our members who is there will put you straight.
Perhaps you could get the mods to add a post to the 'read before posting' item to ask new posters to specify where they are moving to? It doesn't help when we have to guess when trying to answer...
Old May 5th 2011, 8:09 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Meow
Perhaps you could get the mods to add a post to the 'read before posting' item to ask new posters to specify where they are moving to? It doesn't help when we have to guess when trying to answer...
Old May 5th 2011, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

I'll ask our Government Relations guy on Saturday and let you know what he says about your sons visa.

Bear in mind when you arrive in August, it will be the Holy Month of Ramadan. I'm sure you'll have done your research on this, but basically it means no eating/drinking/smoking out in public. Compounds are ok, but outside the compound, all the food/drink places will be closed in the daytime, until after the sunset prayer ( approx 7.30pm ).

Ramadan finishes at the end of September, and then there is generally a ten day holiday, also meaning many of the government / official places will be closed. If you're getting here right at the end of August / early Sept, then Ramadan should have finished and you will probably be in the middle of the Eid al Fitr celebrations.

Good luck.

Last edited by nottmbantam; May 5th 2011 at 11:15 am.
Old May 5th 2011, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Nottmbantam,
There is a possibility that the school may bring me out for a quick visit in June/July to sort visas, I think it is for that very reason... have you had the same problems for your children? I pm'ed you yesterday asking for your knowledge on Jeddah prep and grammar, dont know if you got it?

If you could ask your contact I would be very thankful, if he cant get a visa then my wife will turn down job offer and the family would stay in the UK, not what any of us desire.... so thanks again...
Old May 5th 2011, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 1967tazz
Hi Nottmbantam,
There is a possibility that the school may bring me out for a quick visit in June/July to sort visas, I think it is for that very reason... have you had the same problems for your children? I pm'ed you yesterday asking for your knowledge on Jeddah prep and grammar, dont know if you got it?

If you could ask your contact I would be very thankful, if he cant get a visa then my wife will turn down job offer and the family would stay in the UK, not what any of us desire.... so thanks again...
Hi,

No, didn't get the PM. My wife was a teacher at Jeddah Prep and Grammar for two years, left last year as we had to move back to Riyadh.

Send the PM again, and I'll try and cover any further questions.