Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Middle East

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 12:49 pm   #16
...we killed the flame
 
Miss Ann Thrope's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Location: Dubai
Posts: 786
Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VAT re companies with JAFZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mission View Post
Thanks GAV - this is what i was trying to figure out if the Executive Regulations have been completed/released. I guess it's a waiting game for now
Just been in a meeting about this again (I guess as a Director of a FZE I should be concerned...). Clarity on treatment of the JAFZA entities does indeed await the issuance of the executive orders which have been issued in Saudi, for example, but not UAE. The clock is ticking and this question really is wide open. Meanwhile the Saudi orders contained some details we weren't expecting (and still not expecting for the UAE) about requirements for Arabic/hijri versions of all invoices. As one of our accountants pointed out, the UAE issued the similar orders on excise tax just 2 days before it was due to come into effect...
Miss Ann Thrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th 2017, 7:13 am   #17
BE Forum Addict
 
mission's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Dubai
Posts: 2,617
mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VAT re companies with JAFZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope View Post
Just been in a meeting about this again (I guess as a Director of a FZE I should be concerned...). Clarity on treatment of the JAFZA entities does indeed await the issuance of the executive orders which have been issued in Saudi, for example, but not UAE. The clock is ticking and this question really is wide open. Meanwhile the Saudi orders contained some details we weren't expecting (and still not expecting for the UAE) about requirements for Arabic/hijri versions of all invoices. As one of our accountants pointed out, the UAE issued the similar orders on excise tax just 2 days before it was due to come into effect...
Thanks MISS - i didn't know you worked for a company in JAFZA.
If invoices have to be in arabic/hijri that is going to cause me a major issue Do you think the UAE will follow the same Executive Regulations format as Saudi?
__________________
The problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you're finished
mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th 2017, 7:46 am   #18
...we killed the flame
 
Miss Ann Thrope's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Location: Dubai
Posts: 786
Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VAT re companies with JAFZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mission View Post
Thanks MISS - i didn't know you worked for a company in JAFZA.
If invoices have to be in arabic/hijri that is going to cause me a major issue Do you think the UAE will follow the same Executive Regulations format as Saudi?
Our JAFZA entity is just part of our business so I don't sit there. Otherwise we could be lunch buddies

We have explicitly been told that the Arabic language requirement will NOT be part of the UAE regulations but of course they love to surprise us. The bigger question remains whether JAFZA will have nothing or everything to do for VAT and there seems no clarity or guidance about that at all... Meanwhile the deadline for company VAT registration is looming at end October!
Miss Ann Thrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th 2017, 5:21 pm   #19
"Insert witty title here"
 
Irishbeekeeper's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: dxb
Posts: 2,081
Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VAT re companies with JAFZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope View Post
Our JAFZA entity is just part of our business so I don't sit there. Otherwise we could be lunch buddies

We have explicitly been told that the Arabic language requirement will NOT be part of the UAE regulations but of course they love to surprise us. The bigger question remains whether JAFZA will have nothing or everything to do for VAT and there seems no clarity or guidance about that at all... Meanwhile the deadline for company VAT registration is looming at end October!
so apparently they have extended the VAT registration dead lines?

Businesses with an annual turnover exceeding AED 150 million should apply for registration by 31 October 2017
Businesses with an annual turnover exceeding AED 10 million should apply for registration by 30 November 2017
All other business entities with an annual turnover exceed the mandatory registration threshold (AED 375,000) should apply for registration by 4 December 2017
__________________
Women need a reason, men just need a room!
Irishbeekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th 2017, 6:44 am   #20
BE Forum Addict
 
mission's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Dubai
Posts: 2,617
mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VAT re companies with JAFZA

so i received the below email from JAFZA
VAT ZONE (VS DESIGNATED ZONE)

Subject to the official release of Executive Regulations to VAT LAW in UAE, ANY AREA in UAE Free Zones which is not fenced and no restrictions on movement of goods and services, is VAT ZONE. VAT is applicable in VAT Zone.

JAFZA is likely to be declared as NO VAT Zone.
BUT Goods consumed within JAFZA and services used will be subject to VAT.

Your Business may take a Proactive action and Register for VAT with Federal Tax Authority.

You may like to take our help, support and guidance in getting your company VAT Registered.

clear as mud innit
__________________
The problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you're finished
mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th 2017, 9:32 am   #21
"Insert witty title here"
 
Irishbeekeeper's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: dxb
Posts: 2,081
Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VAT re companies with JAFZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mission View Post
so i received the below email from JAFZA
VAT ZONE (VS DESIGNATED ZONE)

Subject to the official release of Executive Regulations to VAT LAW in UAE, ANY AREA in UAE Free Zones which is not fenced and no restrictions on movement of goods and services, is VAT ZONE. VAT is applicable in VAT Zone.

JAFZA is likely to be declared as NO VAT Zone.
BUT Goods consumed within JAFZA and services used will be subject to VAT.

Your Business may take a Proactive action and Register for VAT with Federal Tax Authority.

You may like to take our help, support and guidance in getting your company VAT Registered.

clear as mud innit
I think its pretty clear that you have to register for VAT
besides its free so what difference does it make anyway?
It can be done through that website, it is a 10 step process and the online guide is pretty easy to follow, they do ask for an awful lot of documentation scanned and uploaded but at the end of the day it needs to be done
__________________
Women need a reason, men just need a room!
Irishbeekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th 2017, 9:47 am   #22
BE Forum Addict
 
mission's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Dubai
Posts: 2,617
mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VAT re companies with JAFZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper View Post
I think its pretty clear that you have to register for VAT
besides its free so what difference does it make anyway?
It can be done through that website, it is a 10 step process and the online guide is pretty easy to follow, they do ask for an awful lot of documentation scanned and uploaded but at the end of the day it needs to be done
oh i totally agree it's best to at least get registered.
which website?
__________________
The problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you're finished
mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th 2017, 9:51 am   #23
Millhouse is not a meme
 
Millhouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Disneyland, Dubai
Posts: 13,320
Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VAT re companies with JAFZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mission View Post
oh i totally agree it's best to at least get registered.
which website?
Does your employer, who has trusted you to register them for VAT and manage the process, understand that you haven't a clue about what you are doing?
__________________
If you only do what you can do, then you'll never be more than you are now - Master Shifu
Millhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th 2017, 2:36 pm   #24
"Insert witty title here"
 
Irishbeekeeper's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: dxb
Posts: 2,081
Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VAT re companies with JAFZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper View Post
tax.gov.ae
__________________
Women need a reason, men just need a room!
Irishbeekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th 2017, 6:31 am   #25
BE Forum Addict
 
mission's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Dubai
Posts: 2,617
mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VAT re companies with JAFZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhouse View Post
Does your employer, who has trusted you to register them for VAT and manage the process, understand that you haven't a clue about what you are doing?
err if the flipping government doesn't even know what is happening, what chance have i got

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper View Post
where is the actual link to register - i can't find it ???
__________________
The problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you're finished
mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th 2017, 6:15 pm   #26
BE Enthusiast
 
martinbkk's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: Bangkok/Doha
Posts: 457
martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VAT re companies with JAFZA

Go to

tax.gov.ae

Change the page to English ( top right corner area)

The first of the 5 scrolling pictures has a button to register
martinbkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th 2017, 7:04 am   #27
BE Forum Addict
 
mission's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Dubai
Posts: 2,617
mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VAT re companies with JAFZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinbkk View Post
Go to

tax.gov.ae

Change the page to English ( top right corner area)

The first of the 5 scrolling pictures has a button to register
err when i do that its asking me to login - i can't login since i haven't even created the account??
__________________
The problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you're finished
mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th 2017, 7:41 am   #28
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 1,756
Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VAT re companies with JAFZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mission View Post
err when i do that its asking me to login - i can't login since i haven't even created the account??
FFS

https://eservices.tax.gov.ae/en-us/signup
Brains1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th 2017, 9:39 am   #29
BE Forum Addict
 
mission's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Dubai
Posts: 2,617
mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VAT re companies with JAFZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brains1983 View Post
thank you
__________________
The problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you're finished
mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th 2017, 7:59 am   #30
"Insert witty title here"
 
Irishbeekeeper's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: dxb
Posts: 2,081
Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VAT re companies with JAFZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brains1983 View Post
Guess what, sites down as of this morning
too much traffic I bet
__________________
Women need a reason, men just need a room!
Irishbeekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Middle East


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 5:21 am.


Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1999-2010 BritishExpats.com