CRS Form-UK Bank

Old Dec 4th 2017, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

reading_1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CRS Form-UK Bank

Dear All,

I am currently based in Bahrain (since2014) and have recently received a letter from my bank (HSBC) in the UK requesting to complete the Common Reporting Standard (the CRS) Self Certification Form. The form asks for Account Holder’s Tax Payer’s Identification Number (TIN).
It also says that If you don't have a TIN number you have to give a reason why

A. The country where the account holder does not issue TIN's to it's residents

B. The account holder is otherwise unable to obtain a TIN or equivalent number (please explain why you are unable to obtain a TIN in the below table if you have selected this reason)

C. No TIN is required ( note.Only select this reason if the authorities of the country of tax residenceentered below do not require the TIN to be disclosed).
I am thinking answer A because there is no tax on income in Bahrain, same as other GCC countries.

I hope there won’t be any taximplication if I select Option A.

Anyone else have any other thoughts like this or been asked to do the same thing?

Before moving to Bahrain, I informed HMRC and they issued an NT Code.

Last edited by reading_1979; Dec 4th 2017 at 5:32 am.
Old Dec 5th 2017, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: CRS Form-UK Bank

Any response will be much appreciated.
Old Dec 5th 2017, 4:37 am
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

We selected option A as Oman doesn't issue TINs either. Not heard a peep since � ����
Old Dec 5th 2017, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your response.

Option A says The country where the Account Holder is liable to pay tax does not issue TINs to its residents. We are not liable to pay any personal tax on income in the Middle East. I am wondering if Option A should be the answer or Option B is more appropriate.

Any thoughts from other members?
Old Dec 5th 2017, 6:00 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by reading_1979
Thanks for your response.

Option A says The country where the Account Holder is liable to pay tax does not issue TINs to its residents. We are not liable to pay any personal tax on income in the Middle East. I am wondering if Option A should be the answer or Option B is more appropriate.

Any thoughts from other members?
You are liable to pay tax on income generated in the middle east, it is just that the rate is zero.
Old Dec 5th 2017, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Answer A. I discussed this with HSBC earlier this year.