Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

VAT re companies with JAFZA

VAT re companies with JAFZA

Old Oct 23rd 2017, 11:49 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VAT re companies with JAFZA

Originally Posted by mission
Thanks GAV - this is what i was trying to figure out if the Executive Regulations have been completed/released. I guess it's a waiting game for now
Just been in a meeting about this again (I guess as a Director of a FZE I should be concerned...). Clarity on treatment of the JAFZA entities does indeed await the issuance of the executive orders which have been issued in Saudi, for example, but not UAE. The clock is ticking and this question really is wide open. Meanwhile the Saudi orders contained some details we weren't expecting (and still not expecting for the UAE) about requirements for Arabic/hijri versions of all invoices. As one of our accountants pointed out, the UAE issued the similar orders on excise tax just 2 days before it was due to come into effect...
Old Oct 25th 2017, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
Just been in a meeting about this again (I guess as a Director of a FZE I should be concerned...). Clarity on treatment of the JAFZA entities does indeed await the issuance of the executive orders which have been issued in Saudi, for example, but not UAE. The clock is ticking and this question really is wide open. Meanwhile the Saudi orders contained some details we weren't expecting (and still not expecting for the UAE) about requirements for Arabic/hijri versions of all invoices. As one of our accountants pointed out, the UAE issued the similar orders on excise tax just 2 days before it was due to come into effect...
Thanks MISS - i didn't know you worked for a company in JAFZA.
If invoices have to be in arabic/hijri that is going to cause me a major issue Do you think the UAE will follow the same Executive Regulations format as Saudi?
Old Oct 25th 2017, 6:46 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks MISS - i didn't know you worked for a company in JAFZA.
If invoices have to be in arabic/hijri that is going to cause me a major issue Do you think the UAE will follow the same Executive Regulations format as Saudi?
Our JAFZA entity is just part of our business so I don't sit there. Otherwise we could be lunch buddies

We have explicitly been told that the Arabic language requirement will NOT be part of the UAE regulations but of course they love to surprise us. The bigger question remains whether JAFZA will have nothing or everything to do for VAT and there seems no clarity or guidance about that at all... Meanwhile the deadline for company VAT registration is looming at end October!
Old Oct 26th 2017, 4:21 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
Our JAFZA entity is just part of our business so I don't sit there. Otherwise we could be lunch buddies

We have explicitly been told that the Arabic language requirement will NOT be part of the UAE regulations but of course they love to surprise us. The bigger question remains whether JAFZA will have nothing or everything to do for VAT and there seems no clarity or guidance about that at all... Meanwhile the deadline for company VAT registration is looming at end October!
so apparently they have extended the VAT registration dead lines?

Businesses with an annual turnover exceeding AED 150 million should apply for registration by 31 October 2017
Businesses with an annual turnover exceeding AED 10 million should apply for registration by 30 November 2017
All other business entities with an annual turnover exceed the mandatory registration threshold (AED 375,000) should apply for registration by 4 December 2017
Old Nov 5th 2017, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

so i received the below email from JAFZA
VAT ZONE (VS DESIGNATED ZONE)

Subject to the official release of Executive Regulations to VAT LAW in UAE, ANY AREA in UAE Free Zones which is not fenced and no restrictions on movement of goods and services, is VAT ZONE. VAT is applicable in VAT Zone.

JAFZA is likely to be declared as NO VAT Zone.
BUT Goods consumed within JAFZA and services used will be subject to VAT.

Your Business may take a Proactive action and Register for VAT with Federal Tax Authority.

You may like to take our help, support and guidance in getting your company VAT Registered.

clear as mud innit
Old Nov 5th 2017, 8:32 am

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

so i received the below email from JAFZA
VAT ZONE (VS DESIGNATED ZONE)

Subject to the official release of Executive Regulations to VAT LAW in UAE, ANY AREA in UAE Free Zones which is not fenced and no restrictions on movement of goods and services, is VAT ZONE. VAT is applicable in VAT Zone.

JAFZA is likely to be declared as NO VAT Zone.
BUT Goods consumed within JAFZA and services used will be subject to VAT.

Your Business may take a Proactive action and Register for VAT with Federal Tax Authority.

You may like to take our help, support and guidance in getting your company VAT Registered.

clear as mud innit
I think its pretty clear that you have to register for VAT
besides its free so what difference does it make anyway?
It can be done through that website, it is a 10 step process and the online guide is pretty easy to follow, they do ask for an awful lot of documentation scanned and uploaded but at the end of the day it needs to be done
Old Nov 5th 2017, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
I think its pretty clear that you have to register for VAT
besides its free so what difference does it make anyway?
It can be done through that website, it is a 10 step process and the online guide is pretty easy to follow, they do ask for an awful lot of documentation scanned and uploaded but at the end of the day it needs to be done
oh i totally agree it's best to at least get registered.
which website?
Old Nov 5th 2017, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

oh i totally agree it's best to at least get registered.
which website?
Does your employer, who has trusted you to register them for VAT and manage the process, understand that you haven't a clue about what you are doing?
Old Nov 5th 2017, 1:36 pm

tax.gov.ae
Old Nov 6th 2017, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Does your employer, who has trusted you to register them for VAT and manage the process, understand that you haven't a clue about what you are doing?
err if the flipping government doesn't even know what is happening, what chance have i got

where is the actual link to register - i can't find it ???
Old Nov 6th 2017, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

Go to

tax.gov.ae

Change the page to English ( top right corner area)

The first of the 5 scrolling pictures has a button to register
Old Nov 7th 2017, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by martinbkk
Go to

tax.gov.ae

Change the page to English ( top right corner area)

The first of the 5 scrolling pictures has a button to register
err when i do that its asking me to login - i can't login since i haven't even created the account??
Old Nov 7th 2017, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

err when i do that its asking me to login - i can't login since i haven't even created the account??
FFS

https://eservices.tax.gov.ae/en-us/signup
Old Nov 7th 2017, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Brains1983
thank you
Old Nov 11th 2017, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Brains1983
Guess what, sites down as of this morning
too much traffic I bet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.