Reload this Page >

URGENT HELP NEEDED RE: EMPLOYMENT VISA

URGENT HELP NEEDED RE: EMPLOYMENT VISA

Old Nov 26th 2013, 8:26 am
Just Joined

forwardslashed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default URGENT HELP NEEDED RE: EMPLOYMENT VISA

Hi everyone,

I arrived in Dubai from the UK just last week for a new job, yesterday I got news of a family member really not doing too well so I must get back to the UK in the next day or two.

I brought it up with my employer who was initially supportive, but has now said I will have to pay the visa cancellation costs / emergency visa cancellation costs ect.

I have no spare money to do this and can barely afford my flight home, I've been told that I won't actually be able to leave Dubai airport as my employment visa is being processed. Is this the case? My family are more important than any job and I will happily just leave this evening if I actually can.

Just need to know if I'm going to get arrested at the airport if I just go and try to leave today.

A quick response would be greatly appreciaed.

Thanks,

Luke
Old Nov 26th 2013, 8:43 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED RE: EMPLOYMENT VISA

UAE Labour law states that an employer must bear the cost of visas, not the employee.

If you entered in a tourist/visitor visas you should be free to leave and whilst it might be possible that you could be marked as an absconder after you leave your employer can't get you arrested in this case. You can leave if a visa is being processed but it might be flagged on the system so if asked you simply explain that you are returning home to see a family member and will return shortly.