Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Uk Scouts in Abu Dhabi - Leaders and helpers required

Uk Scouts in Abu Dhabi - Leaders and helpers required

Old Oct 20th 2009, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk Scouts in Abu Dhabi - Leaders and helpers required

Originally Posted by .....whichwasnice

I only have issues with flaming first time posters! (Ok I have lots of issues..) Now I'm a 6 time poster (Oooo!) my wings are like a shield of steel and I'm fair game!

Lets all play nicely and share - from what we've read so far, I think we can all agree that I obviously have a beard and live with my elderly parents and shouldn't be trusted with a lolipop mans uniform and that you are a bit of a gobby lush who like the sound of her own voice.... well you and I won't be friends if you slag MH off on this board!! I really don't care what the subject is, however as I read it, she was not personally attacking you.... please don't personally attack her

NB - that is a joke, descriptive of a statement not to be taken in a literal context, for the purpose of humour I don't find this funny!

....but that doesn't make either of bad people, well you a bit.., no, no it doesn't make either of us bad people

Now all friends again - I posted this thread to try and attract some addition leaders into the group - Some bloody chance of that now!!

Just sod off now MH I will give you the benefit of the doubt... but you are going to have to go some way to prove to me that you are now being nice to MH and let me con some unsuspecting new arrivals into voluteering all their spare time for the benefit of a load of ungratefull little gits....
anyway, I don't care what the subject is..if you needlessly attack my friends
then you have to get past me first!
Old Oct 20th 2009, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

.....whichwasnice has a brilliant future.....whichwasnice has a brilliant future.....whichwasnice has a brilliant future.....whichwasnice has a brilliant future.....whichwasnice has a brilliant future.....whichwasnice has a brilliant future.....whichwasnice has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MataHari
no...I'd like it if people, no matter what their sexual preference is, could join the scouts if that is what they want to do. Why exclude them...their philosphy is all about being nice and helpfull to each other, care about things, to look for the good things etc etc...which to me is not in line with refusing homosexuals.
MH - I'm afraid your information is entirely and completely incorrect.

The UK Scout association is fully inclusive. (gender, age, race, religion / atheism, monarchist / republican and sexual orientation) There is no restriction on any suitable person joining (suitable means following criminal checks) There is no mandatory promise of "duty to god and the queen anymore" - the promise can be agreed to be genuine, authentic and suit anyone’s personal values who wishes to take it.

You will unfortunately find the sort of bigotry and prejudice described in USA youth movements (including the "boy scouts of America") a position constantly challenged by huge numbers of Americans, but the policies are so far upheld by the US supreme court.

I had decided not to post again, but I found it inappropriate to see blatant misinformation posted as fact. I'm sure you genuinely thought your information was correct MH, and I doubt very much you would have meant it maliciously, however, your post is untrue and required a response in correction.

I hope that is fair enough?
Old Oct 20th 2009, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

.....whichwasnice has a brilliant future.....whichwasnice has a brilliant future.....whichwasnice has a brilliant future.....whichwasnice has a brilliant future.....whichwasnice has a brilliant future.....whichwasnice has a brilliant future.....whichwasnice has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Yes Ma'am, Won't happen again Ma'am!
Consider me suitable reprimanded and set straight by the forum Mafia!!

(I even got a PM from Roadkill or whatever he's called "welcoming" me to the forum and giving me some feedback)
Old Oct 20th 2009, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by matthew.lewis2
My wife was a beaver scout leader for many years in the UK, and her father the local district commissioner (its in their blood). Can you pass on the Dubai details please?

She may be very interested in helping out.

All the best,

Matt
PM sent
Old Oct 21st 2009, 1:11 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Jesus. Why do I get the vision of a granny with a rolling pin in her hand.

Really I think anyone with a quarter litre of humour, speed and wit can get round you love

Dib dib