Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Uk Scouts in Abu Dhabi - Leaders and helpers required

Uk Scouts in Abu Dhabi - Leaders and helpers required

Old Oct 20th 2009, 9:03 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk Scouts in Abu Dhabi - Leaders and helpers required

Originally Posted by .....whichwasnice

I only have issues with flaming first time posters! :
It's as a much a sport as woggle collecting.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 9:04 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
i'm sorry i missed the bit where that was directed at you and not the sentiment expressed
no need to be sorry at all...I just stated that what you typed in reply to my post wasn't what I had said...just to avoid any misunderstanding.

I have looked into the scouts when my boys were small, and it's not for us. Although I am sure they would have enjoyed a lot of the activities on offer, the whole atmoshpere, the people I spoke with etc was not what we were after, simple as that...I believe that in many countries homosexuals are not allowed to be 'leaders' or whatever their terminology is, or even not allowed to be a member, which is one of the things that I don't like. I am completey not religious in any shape or form, and the whole duty to god thing would be a problem for me.
And yes, maybe we were being flippant about it last night...so what, we could have said many negative judgmental things about women drivers/pilots, but we didn't...the subject of scouting came up, I thought it was kind of weird that the next day someone comes on, starting a thread about it, so I replied...simple as that.

now go and make a fire without matches and burn me...
Old Oct 20th 2009, 9:07 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

I only have issues with flaming first time posters! (Ok I have lots of issues..) Now I'm a 6 time poster (Oooo!) my wings are like a shield of steel and I'm fair game!

Lets all play nicely and share - from what we've read so far, I think we can all agree that I obviously have a beard and live with my elderly parents and shouldn't be trusted with a lolipop mans uniform and that you are a bit of a gobby lush who like the sound of her own voice....

NB - that is a joke, descriptive of a statement not to be taken in a literal context, for the purpose of humour

....but that doesn't make either of bad people, well you a bit.., no, no it doesn't make either of us bad people

Now all friends again - I posted this thread to try and attract some addition leaders into the group - Some bloody chance of that now!!

Just sod off now MH and let me con some unsuspecting new arrivals into voluteering all their spare time for the benefit of a load of ungratefull little gits....
glad to see you are not judgemental or are turning this into some sort of personal thing...
Old Oct 20th 2009, 10:05 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Abu Dhabi has 2 British Scout Groups, providing traditional scouting activities and development for young people between 6 and 18 Years of age.

Did you used to be a Scout or Guide? Have you been involved in scouting before coming to the UAE? Or do you just fancy making friends and joining in your new community?

Leaders in Scouting can be anything from occasional helpers, single skill instructors or Regular leaders (1 to 4 times per month). No experience of scouting is required at all, but any experience will be utilised.

Many of our leaders work offshore and travel internationally for work, but fit occasional or regular support around busy lives. To accommodate the life in the UAE, we always aim to have multiple leaders in each section.

We currently need for further leaders and supporters in

6-8yrs - Beavers
8-10.5yrs - Cubs
10.5-14yrs - Scouts
14-18yrs - Explorers

If you'd like to have some fun, make new friends and give a little to the community, please PM me or call on 050 815 6537 for a chat in the first instance.

PS - Dubai also has very active scout groups - happy to pass on details if you PM
Would have loved to have helped out but alas I am in Dubai not AD, would have paid some of the debts back from when my children went when they were small, also we had some great family/friend weekends camping especially when the little skunks were in bed!
Old Oct 20th 2009, 10:37 am
Just Joined

.....whichwasnice has a brilliant future.....whichwasnice has a brilliant future.....whichwasnice has a brilliant future.....whichwasnice has a brilliant future.....whichwasnice has a brilliant future.....whichwasnice has a brilliant future.....whichwasnice has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MataHari
glad to see you are not judgemental or are turning this into some sort of personal thing...
Do you have the new Internet explorer? It's great - It even has a "lame ass sarcasm content filter" Let me try and turn down the settings so I can read your posts
Old Oct 20th 2009, 10:38 am
Just Joined

.....whichwasnice has a brilliant future.....whichwasnice has a brilliant future.....whichwasnice has a brilliant future.....whichwasnice has a brilliant future.....whichwasnice has a brilliant future.....whichwasnice has a brilliant future.....whichwasnice has a brilliant future

Do you have the new Internet explorer? It's great - It even has a "lame ass sarcasm content filter" Let me try and turn down the settings so I can read your posts
No - can't even read my own posts now?
Old Oct 20th 2009, 10:42 am
Just Joined

That's better - I can read it now...Oh. Oh dear - I think I'll turn the filter back on.

No rest assured MH, I am here only to serve as a reciprocal mirror to your sunshine
Old Oct 20th 2009, 11:01 am
hmmmm...nice

That's better - I can read it now...Oh. Oh dear - I think I'll turn the filter back on.

No rest assured MH, I am here only to serve as a reciprocal mirror to your sunshine
I made one lighthearted, general remark about scouting (so not about you personally) as it came up in a converstation last night...so ok, you didn't like that remark, fair enough...yet you keep going on and on making remarks about me, what I am like etc, which in my opinion is a bit out of order...but hey if that floats your boat, be my guest.
I have tried to explain why scouting isn't for me, yet you have ignored that post for some reason...maybe your filter blocked it.

anyway...I am done with it, you have actually confirmed my image of people in scouting, so I guess I have to thank you for that.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 11:25 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

...I believe that in many countries homosexuals are not allowed to be 'leaders' or whatever their terminology is, or even not allowed to be a member, which is one of the things that I don't like...
Just found this thread and was rather surprised by this comment. So does that mean that you would like scout leaders to be homosexuals? Not sure if I get your meaning. Incidentally, I happen to agree with you that the thread about UAE women pilots was rather chauvinistic and puerile.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 11:32 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by lionheart
Just found this thread and was rather surprised by this comment. So does that mean that you would like scout leaders to be homosexuals? Not sure if I get your meaning. Incidentally, I happen to agree with you that the thread about UAE women pilots was rather chauvinistic and puerile.
no...I'd like it if people, no matter what their sexual preference is, could join the scouts if that is what they want to do. Why exclude them...their philosphy is all about being nice and helpfull to each other, care about things, to look for the good things etc etc...which to me is not in line with refusing homosexuals.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 1:01 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

no...I'd like it if people, no matter what their sexual preference is, could join the scouts if that is what they want to do. Why exclude them...their philosphy is all about being nice and helpfull to each other, care about things, to look for the good things etc etc...which to me is not in line with refusing homosexuals.
im sorry your children are homosexuals...

ps, being a prod, the Boys Brigade was more my thing
Old Oct 20th 2009, 1:07 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by commander

at least they aren't ginger...

ps...I have no idea what you are on about
Old Oct 20th 2009, 1:32 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that's quite an unpleasant response to a first time post?
Jeez…lighten up. MH was just commenting on the coincidence of a topic of discussion about scouts last night and the reading of your thread on scouts the very next day. MH also said "welcome…" [to the forum].
Old Oct 20th 2009, 2:40 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander

at least they aren't ginger...

ps...I have no idea what you are on about
class

Old Oct 20th 2009, 2:42 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
Jeez…lighten up. MH was just commenting on the coincidence of a topic of discussion about scouts last night and the reading of your thread on scouts the very next day. MH also said "welcome…" [to the forum].
No ..MH was mocking my woggle .....
We should tie her up ...rip her clothes of and
give her a dib dib dib ..followed by a dob dob dob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.