Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Uk Attested Documents

Uk Attested Documents

Old Apr 8th 2013, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

Ben Cormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Uk Attested Documents

Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone.

Now I am new to this forum and to becoming a expect. I recently have been offered a job in fujairah, that I shall be starting at the beginning of next month.

Everything is moving very quick but for the company to get my Residents Visa sorted out, first they need to have my documents attested. I have been trying to get onto the UAE embassy in London to find out what documents I need attested for my visa but this is taking time.

Does anyone know what documents I need to be attested so I can get moving forward with getting my visa sorted?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

Quackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really nice
Default Re: Uk Attested Documents

Originally Posted by Ben Cormack
Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone.

Now I am new to this forum and to becoming a expect. I recently have been offered a job in fujairah, that I shall be starting at the beginning of next month.

Everything is moving very quick but for the company to get my Residents Visa sorted out, first they need to have my documents attested. I have been trying to get onto the UAE embassy in London to find out what documents I need attested for my visa but this is taking time.

Does anyone know what documents I need to be attested so I can get moving forward with getting my visa sorted?

Any help would be appreciated.
Your degree needs to be attested and if your taking the wife then your marriage certificate too.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Jag21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just been through this process recently - Your education documents ie degree certificates will have to be notorised by a recognised solicitor or notary public (the list is published on the FCO site) before the FCO will attest them.

Your marriage certs/birth certificates for any children can be sent straight to the FCO for attestation.

Cheers.
Old May 2nd 2013, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

Husskhan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys, sorry to sound like a moron but, how and where you get them attested from? I need to order a copy of my qualifications but once I have them, who/where attests them? Is this where the public notary comes in to play?
Old May 2nd 2013, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

Copies of your education cerificates need to be first notorised by a notary public and then you send them to the FCO in Milton Keynes. Application form is on line and you can make payment on line. Your wedding certificate is sent direct to the FCO
Old May 3rd 2013, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

dragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nice

When you order a copy of your qualifications you can tell the University what it is for and they (the Student services / Registrar office) can add an extra stamp/seal with a 'real' signature that the FCO have in their files and can therefore verify/attest - that means you can often bypass the notary - who is basically a person the FCO have a signature for to show its a real document.
Old May 5th 2013, 4:56 am
Just Joined

Graduate QS is an unknown quantity at this point

as above

but you also need to have them legalised by the UAE embassy in London - it is 20 pound for a 3 day service or an extra 10 for same day (when you post notorised documents to the FCO, if you include payment to the embassy + a special delivery envelope addresses to embassy, the FCO will generally post them on to the embassy for you thus saving you a few days.

use special delivery for everything unless you go in person

so process is

1.attested by notary public
2.legalised by FCO
3.legalised by UAE embassy

all in it cost me 100 pounds per document

the wedding certificate is already attested by the registrar (as previously mentioned) so just do steps 2 and 3

make sure the notary public understands that the document is for the UAE embassy and uses the correct colour ribbon - I have heard this has caused issues for people - I am unsure why