Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

UAE new visa application

UAE new visa application

Old May 3rd 2017, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

kran57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UAE new visa application

Hello i have received a job offer in dubai and my employer has already started my visa procedures. Recently i got a better offer and i want to take it . I was thinking to ask my current employer to cancel my visa so as i can move to the other job . I was wondering cancelling a new work visa would have any consequences on my next work visa when is being done ? Confused about the legal impact of work visa. I have not moved to dubai yet and i do want to take the right decision . Pls advise !
Old May 3rd 2017, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UAE new visa application

Originally Posted by kran57
Hello i have received a job offer in dubai and my employer has already started my visa procedures. Recently i got a better offer and i want to take it . I was thinking to ask my current employer to cancel my visa so as i can move to the other job . I was wondering cancelling a new work visa would have any consequences on my next work visa when is being done ? Confused about the legal impact of work visa. I have not moved to dubai yet and i do want to take the right decision . Pls advise !
Shouldn't be a problem but the first one will need to be cancelled before the second one can start. ..... also the side issue of costs incurred by the first company .... I'm not sure where you will stand on that aspect.
Old May 4th 2017, 3:01 am
Just Joined

kran57 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you
Old May 4th 2017, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

since your visa isn't fully processed (you need to have a medical before your visa is issued which you have to do in the UAE) you should be fine in telling the employer you no longer want the job.
However as UKMS has pointed out you maybe liable for any costs incurred so far in processing your visa - have you actually signed an employment contract? If so, then check in there if there is a clause in regards to your visa costs.